Reminder Secure

Are casting calls monitored or checked before posting?

30 April 2014 09:27
ATVLONDON
Photographer

Well if I choose to use it and the moderators let me then, yes I'm going to use it.  Political avatar or not I'll use what i wish.  Threads going off course again now that you've come on board so I'm not commenting anymore on this thread.
My doctor told me I've only got 6 months to live. Then I told him I couldn't pay him... so he gave me another 6 months.

Chrissie Red is off-line
30 April 2014 09:28
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I've seen some hideous words used in castings before - it was nice of you to point it out to the poster so they could amend it themselves.

As RC said - its often a great insight as to what they are like.

People who were born in the 70's really should be old enough/wise enough to think before they type.

I don't think monitoring CC's would be beneficial though. Last minute cancellations etc are usually filled with last minute castings so if they had to sit pending for a certain length of time by the time it gets "approved" the date of the shoot might be over.

Neil Anderson is off-line
30 April 2014 09:47
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from ATVLONDON
Well if I choose to use it and the moderators let me then, yes I'm going to use it.  Political avatar or not I'll use what i wish.  Threads going off course again now that you've come on board so I'm not commenting anymore on this thread.

I'm sure we'll miss your ill-informed and irrelevant comments.
I would complain about your offensive and political avatar but as it rather accurately shows who and what you are, I suppose it does serve as a warning sign to everyone to disregard your comments.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

30 April 2014 09:53
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from Chrissie_Red

I've seen some hideous words used in castings before - it was nice of you to point it out to the poster so they could amend it themselves.

As RC said - its often a great insight as to what they are like.

People who were born in the 70's really should be old enough/wise enough to think before they type.

I don't think monitoring CC's would be beneficial though. Last minute cancellations etc are usually filled with last minute castings so if they had to sit pending for a certain length of time by the time it gets "approved" the date of the shoot might be over.

I agree. I think people are quite fast to report inappropriate castings to mods, and the mods are equally quick in dealing with them suitably - whether that is a little advice on wording right through to removing users in extreme cases.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

w4pictures is off-line
30 April 2014 10:16
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Quote from Josh_Woodcock_Photography
This is exactly why purestorm is going down hill so fast..... the lovely jess simply made an observation and was polite and pointed it out to the poster.... if it was something the poster did by mistake they will be thankful if they did it deliberately then they will carry on.... jess did not asked to be judged by any or you she asked a technical question about the site, so either give a helpful response or go away

Absolutely.

30 April 2014 12:01
Jackass
Photographer

If this is about the use of the word "Black" in a casting call; my stepdaughter (who I adore) is African. I've just phoned her to ask her to describe her skin colour, she said black. I then asked her what was the colour of her cousins' skins, she said black. I then asked her what was the colour of Barack Obama's skin, she said, "Who's he?" Kids huh? Like the term or not, black/white is in full use out there, and is neither racist nor derogatory, it's just a convenient description - and socially acceptable to the hugest majority of all skin colours.

I also asked my stepdaughter what my skin colour was, after a few seconds' thought she said that at first she couldn't remember - then she said pasty white!

If I've got the wrong casting call I'll shut up
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
30 April 2014 12:12
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Jackass
If this is about the use of the word "Black" in a casting call

I didn't know what casting the OP was on about but if that is it I'll admit I wouldn't have noticed.  And if I was casting for someowe who was black I'd probably use the same word, as long as it's not being used in a derogatory sense I'll admit I can't see a problem (and I'm 38 so don't know if the generational thing comes into it)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

30 April 2014 12:16
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

The original casting disappeared I think, so the current casting which uses the word 'black' is probably not the original wording that was being discussed.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
30 April 2014 12:19
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Ah, it was probably 'coloured' then. My dad still uses that, it's awkward at times.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

30 April 2014 12:36
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Whatever the detail of the original post, the concept of helping people to use suitably appealing language in a casting is not really the same as being politically correct.

I guess the situation is broadly the same as someone who wants to work with a curvy/bigger model casting for a 'fat model'. If the prospective respondent is offended by the casting they are unlikely to apply. [although I guess there'd still be plenty of 'is it payd' responses from unsuitable candidates.... :-)

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin pinklilly SJH30
bogan browny7 dave_a Edphoto Fluffypup Hazy martinchristie paulj1980 photostevo redtail RenedeHaan sammylhel Steveh32