Reminder Secure

Are casting calls monitored or checked before posting?

Jaye  is off-line
30 April 2014 03:53
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

I'm curious as to whether casting call titles and the calls themselves have some kind of checking system in place before they are allowed to appear?

I only ask as have spotted a decidedly unPC term being used in a current casting - have contacted the poster direct to advise him to change it. Not a dig at him as sure it's more a generational thing as opposed to another else but was wondering if casting calls have any kind of checking system before they are allowed to be posted. Surely they must do as otherwise they could feature swearing etc?
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
30 April 2014 03:59
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Unlikely, but think of it this way... it's very telling of someone's personality if they type something deemed unsavoury
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
30 April 2014 05:06
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Quote from jessicard
I'm curious as to whether casting call titles and the calls themselves have some kind of checking system in place before they are allowed to appear?

No. We do not, and cannot possibly, monitor everything posted on the site.
However there is a [report abuse] link on every casting call which members can use.
Normally a Report will be actioned (if action is necessary) within a few hours.
Note: Moderators should not censor purely on the grounds of perceived Political Incorrectness.

Update: As of 11:15
with the exception of one Clause 16 breach, no casting calls have been reported over the last 12 hours.
~~~~~~~~

Jaye  is off-line
30 April 2014 05:15
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

I'm not being pedantic or politic correctness gone mad but using outdated terms to describe race that would be considered offensive these days should probably be acknowledged.
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

30 April 2014 06:12
ATVLONDON
Photographer

You have to forgive those of us that grew up in the 1970's whereby these words were common everyday language. It's very difficult for some people to re-engineer their brain to talk or write in a modern day "Newspeak" society. By the way it wasn't me who put up the CC but it's easy to slip into old habits and not think about "Thought Police" monitoring our musings. BTW those words were changed as a result of Political Correctness. So you are being PC. I don't know what words were used in the casting you viewed and I don't expect you to tell us.
My doctor told me I've only got 6 months to live. Then I told him I couldn't pay him... so he gave me another 6 months.

Neil Anderson is off-line
30 April 2014 06:50
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from ATVLONDON
You have to forgive those of us that grew up in the 1970's whereby these words were common everyday language. It's very difficult for some people to re-engineer their brain to talk or write in a modern day "Newspeak" society. By the way it wasn't me who put up the CC but it's easy to slip into old habits and not think about "Thought Police" monitoring our musings. BTW those words were changed as a result of Political Correctness. So you are being PC. I don't know what words were used in the casting you viewed and I don't expect you to tell us.

Those of us who grew up in the sixties still regard the use of the swastika as as a joke avatar as grossly offensive.

Love the way you admit that you don't actually know anything about the casting you are commenting on, but want to generally stand up for the rights of people to be casually offensive (and as far as you know the post could have been offensive or even racist, even by your own low standards)
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Jay R Tog is off-line
30 April 2014 07:10
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
Photographer
Josh_Woodcock_Photography
London
london/kent

This is exactly why purestorm is going down hill so fast..... the lovely jess simply made an observation and was polite and pointed it out to the poster.... if it was something the poster did by mistake they will be thankful if they did it deliberately then they will carry on....

jess did not asked to be judged by any or you she asked a technical question about the site, so either give a helpful response or go away

Don't take care, take risks

OldMaster is off-line
30 April 2014 07:29
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Dont we don't have to forgive those that grew up in the 70's! I did and the 60's and they were decades of great enlightenment! We knew perfectly well what was acceptable...same as we do today. As with the law ignorance is no excuse!

30 April 2014 07:55
ATVLONDON
Photographer

Welcome back Stolen. My avatar isn't  glorifying the swastika in any way.  It's a design to try and explain mine and other peoples vision of the EU.  Do you get it?
My doctor told me I've only got 6 months to live. Then I told him I couldn't pay him... so he gave me another 6 months.

Neil Anderson is off-line
30 April 2014 08:13
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from ATVLONDON
Welcome back Stolen. My avatar isn't  glorifying the swastika in any way.  It's a design to try and explain mine and other peoples vision of the EU.  Do you get it?

Do you think political avatars are appropriate for a portfolio modelling site ?

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 mandymack missbelluk rob452 Sifx
arfom_dphotography bopguy2k8 Cheshunt83 claypaws darimages dirkus frankpht Gaudinio James7799 kaosrox modelboutique Njsphotography philippahh robertsonshug Rule_of_Thumb storaa
mrchrishenry southdowns