Canon EF-S lenses to EF bodies

Jason McLean is off-line
02 May 2014 12:06
Freelanderjason
Photographer
Freelanderjason
Surrey
SW London

I've used my Sigma 10-20mm on my Canon 1Ds but the effects were dreadful given that it is made for smaller sensors. I recently purchased the Sigma 15mm f/2.8 and I'm very impressed with the results on my full sensor and very reasonably priced too compared to the Canon equivalent.
More examples of my work on my website - www.jasonmcleanphotography.co.uk

Profile Pictures is off-line
02 May 2014 13:04
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Another vote here for the Sigma 15mm, tiny, fast focussing and almost impossible to take an unite testing picture with

Anthonygh is off-line
03 May 2014 10:58
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from RedChecker
That's actually quite a good idea, and eliminates the worry over 'softness' of many wide angle lenses.

I've actually looked at a Gigapan motorised head in the past, they're not cheap for full size SLRs but then I wouldn't call them expensive either, especially considering what they can do and that they cost the same as a good wide angle lens.  They're quite neat in that everything's automated, even down to the stitching of the image.  You simply tell it what angle of view you want, what lens you're using (even if it's a telephoto) and it'll do the calculations and take the images necessary.  Most importantly it does it quickly as well (one shot every two seconds is a common speed I believe) , which not only reduces the chance of changing weather ruining the exposure but also ensures things like clouds will remain constant in the images as it pans along.

Have to admit to not knowing this gadget existed...am quite tempted to get the cheaper version to use with my G1X. Would like to try it with a film camera as well but obviously need to see if there is some way of limiting the number of exposures taken and find a SLR body with built in rewind that fits....time to find my old EOS RT.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
03 May 2014 11:05
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Using a smaller camera with a smaller motorised head may actually be a better solution if you can control the speed of the shots between frames due to lower inertia on the setup and thus not needing to account for settling each time the head moves. You've also got less worries about wearing your shutter out (if you use it a lot). And since you're potentially stitching hundreds of images the lower quality won't matter so much
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Anthonygh is off-line
03 May 2014 13:07
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from RedChecker
Using a smaller camera with a smaller motorised head may actually be a better solution if you can control the speed of the shots between frames due to lower inertia on the setup and thus not needing to account for settling each time the head moves. You've also got less worries about wearing your shutter out (if you use it a lot). And since you're potentially stitching hundreds of images the lower quality won't matter so much

What I was thinking is images from the G1X at the f4 mark and around the 35mm setting (35 mm equivalent) are about as sharp as it gets....and I am talking serious pixel peeping here! I haven't been into serious 'stitching' but I have just come back from the local marina having done a series of 4 overlapping MF film exposures and quite a few with the g1x and can't wait to see how the experiment went.

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
emmaloux Jo80
david1500 djb1 dorrian eosfan George99 Hioctane johntisbury JonnyRigs kimphot lensworld markeewould mauricesimagery Njsphotography Rapt stevegosh TinDolls
Matt