Reminder Secure

Let's clarify my mess ups

This thread is currently locked
28 April 2014 22:43
pearhere
Photographer

Sorry about all the mid communication on my part. I can't figure out how to get rid of all the " ok how bad" stuff ( delete the conversations) as some of the remarks were bizarre( on my part. )Maybe the moderator can delete it.

Also I repeated somewhere where some of my shots looked like family images. They were right and I repeated it. When someone else said -- what do you think your models will think of that remark -- my response is this -- yes it would be insulting but I do not have to worry as they are beginners and none of them will ever see it as they do not know this site exist

The gal who critiqued about 6 of my shots showing the gal in the floral dress did a superb job. Also as far as naming the conversation -- "0k how bad" -it is meant as an attention getter as I do not want comments that rosy it up without pointing out the bad stuff too. One more thing to straighten out all my poorly worded remarks. People think of it as rather odd to concentrate on only one thing-- face , lips, hands, legs, whatever. I
Not actually doing this- more should other photographers. Simply put some say stand in front of the model and concentrate on just angles. Well I can't afford a 100 dollar an hour model ( however many pounds that is) .

So given that I put a model whoIs a beginner in front of my lens and then she understands some basics( like my avatar image) but she makes too many mistakes. So I look at it and suggest to getting do a " show some heel" stance( creating frontal box angle of one leg - the display leg- and a profile view of the other showing the inside of the ankle- not the outside side of it. The above lines are my definition of a beginner shoot concentrating on one thing instead of everything all at once .

What I mean by that is I will then concentrate on one area of the model -- in my case legs and hands. I go into great detail perfecting arms and hands. I can't imagine anybody bring able to spend a concentrated effort working with every detail faces lips and so on all at once.

Next shoot with model I think it makes sense to go over everything then concentrate great detail on next thing- so it is a hard studied concentrated effort. I am sure many of you will not agree my approach is correct but I am trying my best. Nice to correct my poorly worded last few messages chaps.

Have a nice week mates.catch you next time-

Robert pear ( the Yankee sleeper)
[ broken down by Moderator into more easy to read chunks ]

28 April 2014 22:44
pearhere
Photographer

Sorry I did not break down into paragraphs a bit more

28 April 2014 23:11
pearhere
Photographer

Quote from pearhere
Sorry about all the mis communication on my part. I can't figure out how to get rid of all the " ok how bad" stuff ( delete the conversations) as some of the remarks were bizarre( on my part.) Maybe the moderator can delete it. Also I repeated someones accurate information somewhere that some of my shots looked like family images. They were right and I repeated it. When someone else said -- what do you think your models will think of that remark -- my response is this -- yes it would be insulting but I do not have to worry as they are beginners and none of them will ever see it as they do not know this site exist.
The gal who critiqued about 6 of my shots showing the gal in the floral dress did a superb job. Also as far as naming the conversation -- "0k how bad" -it is meant as an attention getter as I do not want comments that rosy it up without pointing out the bad stuff too. One more thing to straighten out all my poorly worded remarks. People think of it as rather odd to concentrate on only one thing-- face , lips, hands, legs, whatever. I
Not actually doing this- more should other photographers. Simply put some say stand in front of the model and concentrate on just angles. Well I can't afford a 100 dollar an hour model ( however many pounds that is) .

So given that I expect to take model who
Is a beginner , put her in front of my lens. I will see that she understands some basics( like my avatar image) but she makes too many mistakes. So I look at her pose and suggest that she begins by "showing me some heel" - this creates a photo where there is a frontal view of one leg - the display leg- and a profile view of the other showing the inside of the ankle- not the outside side of it.

The above lines are my definition of a beginner shoot concentrating on one thing instead of everything all at once . What I am suggesting is that I will concentrate on one area of the model -- in my case legs and hands. I go into great detail perfecting arms and hands. I can't imagine anybody actually being able to concentrate ( in very great detail ) with every detail faces lips and so on all at once. On the 2nd shoot with a model I think it makes sense to go over everything then concentrate great detail on next thing- so it is a hard studied concentrated effort. I am sure many of you will not agree my approach is correct but I am trying my best. Nice to correct my poorly worded last few messages chaps. Have a nice week mates.catch you next time-Robert pear ( the Yankee sleeper)

28 April 2014 23:18
pearhere
Photographer

I dopey about the spelling and am unable to use my big computer for the next couple weeks. I reworded the text better and the reworded one starts- " sorry about all the mis communication " instead of misspelled text saying " mid" communication. I can't hardly. Do a thing with this iPhone. Moderators can you post the better worded copy . I can't seem to on iPhone. The better worded one ended up as a reply or something but you will see it is better worded

[  Locked by Moderator to deter forum trolls ]

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Kath27 SofeSamM
bbphotos Bninja daygo10 Dod1904 donaldmac dorrian Flanders HarishPadalia iestyn kimphot leekumkee mauricesimagery mph MrDL Photojames43 redbaron Rhadamanthus Slickphotos Snooper911 wnynm