Reminder Secure

iMac, Ethernet !!!!!

diipii is off-line
27 April 2014 14:47
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Can anyone please tell me FOR CERTAIN how to achieve an ethernet internet connection with a "overheats every time I turn my back, trashes its superdrive in five minutes" rotten Apple iMac, 2006 24" running 10.6.8.
I have searched forums, tried everything but nothing works...at all. My 10 year old PC laptop does it automatically, solidly, continuously. Javascript emoticon (I am a huge Mac fan but if Slimy Ives were within range he would be going home with this useless gadget up his ego !)

Huge thanks.

( Feel better now)
It only happens all the time.

Steve Guy is off-line
27 April 2014 14:55
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

You need to do a fairly simple upgrade. Firstly, unplug your Mac. Throw it in the bin. Replace it with a decent PC. Depending upon the model, the monitor may be of some use. A tech head will be able to remove the hard drive from the Mac and plug it into the PC and you can rescue all your data. It never ceases to amaze me how crappy the Macintosh products are for only two or three times the cost of an equivalent PC. I collect the older Macs and it is clear that Macintosh / Apple has always been a triumph of marketing and superficially good design spoiled by the meanness of a real dirty tricks company.

diipii is off-line
27 April 2014 15:18
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Quote from Sdeve
You need to do a fairly simple upgrade. Firstly, unplug your Mac. Throw it in the bin. Replace it with a decent PC. Depending upon the model, the monitor may be of some use. A tech head will be able to remove the hard drive from the Mac and plug it into the PC and you can rescue all your data. It never ceases to amaze me how crappy the Macintosh products are for only two or three times the cost of an equivalent PC. I collect the older Macs and it is clear that Macintosh / Apple has always been a triumph of marketing and superficially good design spoiled by the meanness of a real dirty tricks company.

I notice you collect older Macs. I have a perfectly stunning 06 iMac that would be a perfect addition to any aficionado's stable. Contact me immediately for a daft price.
It only happens all the time.

Steve Guy is off-line
27 April 2014 16:37
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

OK, I'll pay what it's worth (£0.2) if you'll post it to me at your expense.

CSD Images is off-line
28 April 2014 01:03
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

You might need a new daughter board for the NIC, I vaguely remember some iMacs needing this repair.
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
blackdahlia5220 Emmaheron hollyrose Inori Michelledefeo1 scarlettfoxett wildchief
ad360photo andygstudios antoinewynn Blancho chopper_images DavidN duncanjames JohnDentonPhoto Jpdo kaz58 keltica Kiboko Ladiesman MIB modelboutique Mph MrT natkins nemesis oscar panda49 philippahh rod_m99 rogedodge rossvincent stevegosh
harbourstudio photo39