Three ideas I though could make a change

Neil Anderson is off-line
18 April 2014 07:23
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

So it's perfectly possible to overwrite your glowing feedback and add your warning that you were 'ripped off' or to explain to the mods and ask for feedback to be removed entirely (probably they would be reluctant to allow negative feedback for what is essentially a business/contract dispute, but I can't see why they would be hostile to removing your feedback if you felt it had become inappropriate).

Most people on this site don't do serious professional work so are mainly interested in whether the model will turn up and work well, so your original feedback on these aspects of your shoot is still relevant to most readers.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

18 April 2014 08:11
paulbatterbury
Photographer

The reason why many professional don’t venture on to the forum on Purestorm is the fact that some people are EXTREAMLY hard to get though to. Most people all joke about Purestorm, but I always try to remind them that the site is good, it the people on it that are the problem at time. However regarding the statement about lack of professions on the site or it use… you are wrong many professionals or serious people, Models, Photographer, Agents and MUA’s do use Purestorm as a point of contact.

I am glad that Howard now understands, but not sooner he does, up pops another who does not It has just taken me 12 hours to explain it, and I fed up of it now, so to summarize.

1) In all of the EXSAMPLES that I have tried to give I use “model" or "photographer” and not “me”. And in my last post I every said that “I know many models and photographer have experience this”.

2) The argument was created about changing “positive” feedback into “negative” and people felt that this could be used as some form of vindictive tool to change feed back at a later date, if they where in a mood to do so. My suggestion is removing the posted feedback altogether resulting in neither positive or negative, a neutral if you like action, as no feedback would be left (at all).

3) Changing a smiling face in to a sad /blue face results in the same argument as above, which we have had.

Now if you don't like this idea, that is fine I can deal with that, but having explained this now several times over the past day, read the above, we are talking about "removal" not "modification", I if you can't undstand that... it's really not my problem.
Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

HowardJ is off-line
18 April 2014 08:18
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

There was no need for it to take 12 hrs to explain. You could have just explained yourself better at the start.

Chrissie Red is off-line
18 April 2014 08:21
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Not sure if it still happens but I remember eagerly leaving feedback for one member after a shoot which I thought had went well.

Photographer didn't live up to their end of the "bargain" and I decided to withdrawal the feedback - I messaged an admin about it and they took the feedback off the photographers page. I didn't change it to a negative, just decided that I would in fact not recommend that photographer to any models.

It wasn't done out of pettiness or anything like that. I have learned though not to be quite so quick at throwing peoples praises since then.

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
18 April 2014 08:45
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

I had an occasion when I thought that the communications and the model's basic conduct at the shoot had been in good faith, and I left a positive feedback.

Later, I discovered that her communications and conduct had not been in good faith, to a degree that made it wrong for the original feedback to stand.

I contact admin and requested them to delete the feedback, and, at their discretion, they did so.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
parlour_photo paulq