Three ideas I though could make a change

Paul Hodson is off-line
17 April 2014 12:26
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I don't have a problem with "intrsted" replies.

It just confirms that I am not!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

HowardJ is off-line
17 April 2014 12:35
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from paulbatterbury
Right Howard and Red, I thinking that your shoots are for a few hours, every now and then and maybe you get the odd model you work with again.

I am talking about shoots that last 4 days long and with a model(s) that you repeatedly shoot. So I am sorry if this sound arrogant, but unless you been in a situation like that you will not understand.

Where are talking about individuals that win your trust over a period of time, and then pull something seriously bad, damaging (normally financially) it could take month or years.

So if is fine to leave no feedback, but when you have positive feedback left in the past, it possible you would want that deleted, unless off course you want to see other make the same mistake as you based on your endorsements.

You guys seem to be referring to one of shot situations.

No, I've shot the same model 8 or 9 times but mostly it's 3 or 4 times. I leave positive or negative depending on how the shoot went. Sometimes I choose not to leave negative feedback if they've cancelled on me and had a good reason for it. For example, I had recently had a late cancellation because the model's home had been broken into. I chose not to leave a late cancellation feedback for her as it wasn't a situation she was in control of and she had enough stress to deal without me adding to it by leaving negative feedback. There's a number of models I've shot over a number of years in different locations. I still don't see the need for pulling feedback from a particular shoot.

where does the flirtatious behaviour come into it?

The model models any flirtatious remarks I deliberately side step as it's a shoot not a date.

17 April 2014 14:56
paulbatterbury
Photographer

Again you focused on one point, you seem to be only focusing one the point made by flirtatious behavior, and again I will state I not talking about leaving negative feed back… so are do not see why you experience with a model having her house broken into has anything apparent to what I been saying.

You are way off track, I talk about models who purposely set out to rip you off over a period off time, and therefore removing feedback if you have been mislead.

You are about talking and single instances, with single individuals as I have mention in the last post I made, but you clearly do not understand or want to understand what I am saying.

Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

HowardJ is off-line
17 April 2014 15:13
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

How exactly do they set out to rip you off?

Are you about exclusivity deals for a particular type of work and then you discover they're shooting the exclusive level with other people?

Shouldn't that all be written down in a contract and be enforceable in a court of law?

Maybe if you were less cryptic I could understand?

17 April 2014 16:34
paulbatterbury
Photographer

Cryptic, how? I that I have given several scenarios of where a models or a photographers could be in a situation after a long period of time and realize they have been deceived and may wish to with draw any comment of feedback to persons in that deception, thus not wishing to give any endorse to them so that others will not fall into the same deception.

A deception can happen over a long period of time, months/years and most of the best one do, and most of the time that is best on a person good will.

Now I hope you have read the above... the models or photographers part... not ME!

why you keep referring to the same things, and think they only concern myself solely suggests you see this concept form a single point of view.

HowardJ is off-line
17 April 2014 16:47
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from paulbatterbury
Cryptic, how? I that I have given several scenarios of where a models or a photographers could be in a situation after a long period of time and realize they have been deceived and may wish to with draw any comment of feedback to persons in that deception, thus not wishing to give any endorse to them so that others will not fall into the same deception.

A deception can happen over a long period of time, months/years and most of the best one do, and most of the time that is best on a person good will.

Now I hope you have read the above... the models or photographers part... not ME!

why you keep referring to the same things, and think they only concern myself solely suggests you see this concept form a single point of view.

Nope, still not clear...

Deceived in what way?

If the model turned up, you shot them, they provided the ID and signed the model release (if you remembered to get one) and got the content you wanted, then where's the deception?

They did the job you paid them to do, so everyone should be happy.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
18 April 2014 05:53
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

I thought you can edit feedback at any stage, simply go back into account, write feedback and it overwrites the previous details left? Handy if you make a mistake which is often the case with me, but if you know there's a possible future issue that might change your overall impression why not wait 7-10 days each time. It would seem harsh to one min say everything was great then change it later. You could tell those concerned that's how you leave FB so they'd understand your time frames.

Dominic

18 April 2014 06:55
paulbatterbury
Photographer

Right I will put it this way, as you are all photographers, I will yet again explain it in a very simply way, so you can understand.

You have a shoot, all is good you leave good feedback, and then several months down the line the model or the agent uses those images without your permission, and you are at a lost due to it.

When you ask questions, you get no reply or there make out that they where correct in what they where doing, despite that you have the copyright on your images and they been published, printed, edited without you permission or told they where going to be published.

This is a deception, you been either lied to or not told, lowering you into a false sense of security, possibly from the very start. Now I know this happens to loads of models and photographers.

As you are unable to leave bad feedback, you may wish to remove the good feedback you have left in the past so that you do not endorse these whoever is responsible for the deception.

People are normally very nice, happy and smile at you, when they are ripping you off, winning your confidence as part of it, so sure your shoot with them was great, but a few weeks, months or years later when it is evident you been conned.

It’s a very simply concept, maybe people are oppressed to it as they fear that other could remove feedback on them.

Contracts is this industry, do not work. Everyone is quick enough to say legal, but very few can pay for it. Talk to anyone who was dropped by a certain phone channel a few years back, 30 models axed without question or repercussion.

HowardJ is off-line
18 April 2014 07:09
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Now I understand what you mean. Thank you for explaining.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
18 April 2014 07:22
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

But months later you can turn feedback from a smiley face to a blue face or update the comments section with more detail which seems as good as a deletion. Maybe people have totally different experiences than you, like "Maybe then, the majority of models will start to leave feedback" has no reflection on all the models I've shot who 100% have left feedback. On the scale of things and the lack of major change in the past 3-4 years here on PS, restructuring the feedback section doesn't feel like a big issue but defo a minefield.

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Echo_soul_silver wakeywakey
jackw RenedeHaan shavardawkins skinz woody