Reminder Secure

backdrop question

Anthonygh is off-line
16 April 2014 18:19

United Kingdom

Focus on the model...if you get that right the rest is incidental...

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
17 April 2014 09:31
United Kingdom
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from HowardJ
No, they really do look tacky regardless of how you light them. Random backdrops of brick walls, trees, winter scenes, libraries, etc. all look a bit naff as the first thing you think is "oh, it's one of those random backdrops.". They might be alright for Christmas family or kids portraits but not much use for anything else. Personally I wouldn't waste my money on them. Coloured paper rolls is different and can have their uses.

Ah right we are at crossed purposes. The way I read your post I took it you were taking a pop at plain paper/cloth backgrounds. (Which can still look naff if you do not know what you are up to of course. ) Tend to agree about the ones you mention. There are a few better quality ones I have used which can work but even then not generally for the glamour style shoots on here.
Photography and Studio hire

17 April 2014 13:01

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Its not overly complicated to do - however it NEARLY ALWAYS looks extremely cheesy.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pocketrocketeer RoxyMendez Sarahlou73 Stacey27 toxicinnocence
Blancho BobWright dorrian ellessephotography GlasgowPhotographer goofy_db Grahampics Images1854 JohnDentonPhoto lenspoynter modelboutique panda49 PassionPurist photographybyfleur ricciarelli sniffer Willjamieson