is it possible

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
07 April 2014 12:39
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

It looks like you would prefer to do commercial modelling so you need to approach appropriate agencies one you are happy you have a good selection of images to show them. They are looking for natural looking lifestyle shots, in non-logo clothing

KHV is off-line
07 April 2014 14:34
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

To be honest Miss Clarke, I don't really think you have got what it takes to be chosen for that type of work, and I would be very, very wary of any "agency" who said that you would.

I know you may think I'm a twat for saying so but it's best to know before you get caught up in Keltica is a naughty person e scam.

Chrissie Red is off-line
08 April 2014 04:37
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I know the above poster was harsh and he really should have followed it up with the reasons why you might struggle.

Here is a couple of agencies I have heard of (I can't vouch for them all but I certainly wont say I have heard any negatives about them).

http://www.sandrareynolds.co.uk/recruitment.aspx
- You may fit into their "real people" section but not fashion or "classic" models.

http://www.gingersnap.co.uk/models/list/106/all/1?cs=w3
After a quick look I can't see any models under 5'5 in either their main board or commercial board. From that quick look though there are a couple of ladies on their "classic" women board which are 5'4.

Heres a tip I found online which answers the question "how do I become an avon model?"
http://www.ehow.com/how_4422752_become-avon-model.html

Chances are they use one of the main agencies and the chances are those agencies have strict criteria when it comes to age, height and looks. Lets face it if a model is signed to a good agency and sent to all these castings then chances are it will be a tall model that is selected (even if height isn't a requirement for a headshot).

I know its hard to "give up" on a dream but I would say that it might save time/heartache not to chase the bigger agencies or companies because the possibility of being shot for a huge campaign and signed to a model agency isn't really that high for you (just like it isn't for most of us) and I know its tough to come to terms with that but for me anyway I knew I wasn't fashion model material even when I was 22 and stood at 6'1 tall so I explored avenues that were open to me. Maybe sign up for the website starnow (which is similar to this site but mainly focuses on the acting side of things). Maybe with enough experience you might be able to get onto an acing or extras agencies book.

08 April 2014 11:33
BaileyK
Model

Keltica seems to live in a different world to the rest of us.

You should try extra work from the very short post you made sounds like it could be your type of thing..
Character modelling perhaps.

Ugly would be a quite good agency to try (No I'm not calling you ugly btw)
http://www.ugly.org/UGLY-MODELS/index.php/girls.html

Good luck.

christina clark is off-line
08 April 2014 12:03
missclark86
Model

Lincolnshire
gainsborough

Thanks guys I'm only 5'1 though

HowardJ is off-line
08 April 2014 12:25
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from missclark86
Thanks guys I'm only 5'1 though

That's allowed.

Melissa Tongue is off-lineSilver Member
08 April 2014 12:35
xxmrmthxx
Model
xxmrmthxx
Oxfordshire
Henley-on-thames

I'm with UGLY and they get me great jobs but agency work is very short notice. Good luck x

08 April 2014 12:49
missclark86
Model

Lincolnshire
gainsborough

How do I go about joining with ugly as can't see info on how to x

08 April 2014 13:02
missclark86
Model

Lincolnshire
gainsborough

How do I go about joining with ugly as can't see info on how to x

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
casia pam69
dave@studio99