Reminder Secure

Global warming caused by human beings - true or false ?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
David is off-lineGold Member
08 April 2014 07:32
david1500
Photographer
david1500
Tyne and Wear
Gateshead

Back in history it was scientists who said there were witches , they proved it , everyone believed it , how many girls were tortured and burned alive , on their eveidence , are those now who dare question the experts going to be burnt alive , for science , or is the world flat as was another clame by scientists

jivago Photographic is off-line
08 April 2014 16:12
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from david1500
Back in history it was scientists who said there were witches , they proved it , everyone believed it , how many girls were tortured and burned alive , on their eveidence , are those now who dare question the experts going to be burnt alive , for science , or is the world flat as was another clame by scientists

Erhhhh??!!!

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

08 April 2014 16:20
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from profilepictures
I agree I think, though I still feel the spin put on the green industry is confusing, intentionally so. For instance, power supply and generation companies suggest they need to Put prices up to accommodate government direction to be greener and self sufficient? What? We're they planning on beginning that process once the gas and oil runs out then? Equally, what kind of energy policy do we have anyway when every winter we run within hours of having no gas nationally and are always at the mercy of pipelines held and owned by other nations? Is the vested interest of any 'green movement' more insidious than than the purveyors of crude oil? Plant trees, and avoid npower, the twats kept me hanging on the phone 40 minutes today.

...Been at this a long time now - Including unleaded petrol, asbestos and scallop dredging to name just a few...... In my experience the spin is laid on most thick with a trowel, by corporate interests. Think of smoking!  If anything has taught me a lesson  - Its always be very sceptical about corporations and the environment!

08 April 2014 16:30
david1500
Photographer
david1500
Tyne and Wear
Gateshead

How many comities have been set up to investive global warnings all friends of the government , all these people are paid with jobs for life , I am just a cynic , jobs for the boys and girls

Amy Rose is off-lineSilver Member
08 April 2014 16:43
AmyC_01
Model
AmyC_01
West Yorkshire
Leeds

False - I heard it was because the cows kept farting!! Or was on that 1st April I heard it? xx

08 April 2014 16:53
david1500
Photographer
david1500
Tyne and Wear
Gateshead

What about the spaghetti trees , but this fares

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 April 2014 16:53
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago
...Been at this a long time now - Including unleaded petrol, asbestos and scallop dredging to name just a few...... In my experience the spin is laid on most thick with a trowel, by corporate interests. Think of smoking! If anything has taught me a lesson - Its always be very sceptical about corporations and the environment!

Good to see you back - even if it is, as usual, a worthless contribution!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

08 April 2014 16:55
david1500
Photographer
david1500
Tyne and Wear
Gateshead

It is all a con , just to make money for friends

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 April 2014 16:56
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from AmyC_01
False - I heard it was because the cows kept farting!! Or was on that 1st April I heard it? xx

Indeed they do contribute a huge amount of methane - one of the gases being blamed for "global warming" (or climate change any time the temperature does not go up!)

According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) agriculture is responsible for 18% of the total release of greenhouse gases world-wide

That'll be why Doc jivvy will be a vegetarian.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

08 April 2014 17:08
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from david1500
How many comities have been set up to investive global warnings all friends of the government , all these people are paid with jobs for life , I am just a cynic , jobs for the boys and girls

Well actually scientists operate according to the 'scientific method' - Or as close to that as they can. The consensus is toward a man made influenced warming event. Far from a job for life, there is scientific rigour. Results are published, peer reviwed and open to challenge. Get it wrong and your reputation is on the line. The method has no interest in the outcome - Allowing reality to speak for itself. The problem we have at this time, is lack of determining data. By the time we get that, it could be too late. Therefore, it seems prudent to act now. Pollution control is good anyhow. 

Lack of data is same for those Corporate interests that want to 'keep on polluting'.

I know who I trust more.

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Debbieann Jessicaliu1993 pinklilly Speirs19
Add_barkaway Andy_B bninja Don_Dark grahamsphotography image_ination James7799 john_at_tina_spice kimsandman2 MIB oro Pellium Photosareu Smooth_image stevegosh steveh32 Weeman5