Reminder Secure

Global warming caused by human beings - true or false ?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Paul Hodson is off-line
05 April 2014 14:02
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago
from jivago Oh dear - A lot of daylight between your head and the point. Byeeeeee! It's always easy to see when you have no answer to a sensible point. Nothing changes does it? What percentage of financial advisers are "spivs"? Evidence please. Provide some examples of China making major changes - not for their own benefit - but in response to being lectured.

http://www.greenpeace.org/eastasia/news/blog/chinese-action-on-climate-change-welcome-but-/blog/46906/

Oh dear!  I did say not for their own benefit!!!

China is also particularly vulnerable to the adverse impact of climate change. The Second National Assessment Report on Climate Change states that global climate change influences China's food production, water resource allocation, and oceanic circulations, putting the country's ecosystem and biodiversity in peril. The report also projects frequent extreme weather events not only affect human health but increase the risk of epidemic disease incidence.

In response to this and joining global efforts, the Chinese government pledged in Copenhagen in 2009 that the country will endeavor to cut its CO2 emission on a per unit GDP basis by 40 to 45 percent and increase the share of non-fossil fuels in primary energy mix to 15 percent by 2020.

However China was already the world's biggest polluter in 2009 - after the report you quote was produced - and is still increasing its pollution despite their rate of growth slowing.

However the reason for this, according to that right wing rag, the Guardian, is  linked to its attempts to improve its air pollution that rather than being linked to international efforts to improve climate change.

So - wrong again jivvy.  If I have air over my head - you have it in yours!

And the number of spivs?

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

jivago Photographic is off-line
06 April 2014 09:36
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from mph
Oh dear!  I did say not for their own benefit!!!

China is also particularly vulnerable to the adverse impact of climate change. The Second National Assessment Report on Climate Change states that global climate change influences China's food production, water resource allocation, and oceanic circulations, putting the country's ecosystem and biodiversity in peril. The report also projects frequent extreme weather events not only affect human health but increase the risk of epidemic disease incidence.

In response to this and joining global efforts, the Chinese government pledged in Copenhagen in 2009 that the country will endeavor to cut its CO2 emission on a per unit GDP basis by 40 to 45 percent and increase the share of non-fossil fuels in primary energy mix to 15 percent by 2020.

However China was already the world's biggest polluter in 2009 - after the report you quote was produced - and is still increasing its pollution despite their rate of growth slowing.

However the reason for this, according to that right wing rag, the Guardian, is  linked to its attempts to improve its air pollution that rather than being linked to international efforts to improve climate change.

So - wrong again jivvy.  If I have air over my head - you have it in yours!

And the number of spivs?

Just what are you still wittering on about? - Nahhhh dinnae bother! 

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Paul Hodson is off-line
06 April 2014 10:02
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Just admit you can't answer the questions - you'll feel better for the confession.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Colin H is onlineSilver Member
07 April 2014 03:10
thelook
Photographer
thelook
Berkshire

Quote from EdT

the 95% of scientists who believe in man made climate change.

I have to ask. Where did this figure come from? I can not believe that it is possible that every scientist in the world has been asked....

By the way, has anyone seen the documentary showing Al Gores film was fiction and that Magaret Thatcher used climate change to close down the mines? (She wanted to go Nuclear).
When the world whispers 'give up, a fool will say 'I'll give it one more try'.....

Paul Hodson is off-line
07 April 2014 04:35
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from thelook
I have to ask. Where did this figure come from? I can not believe that it is possible that every scientist in the world has been asked.... By the way, has anyone seen the documentary showing Al Gores film was fiction and that Magaret Thatcher used climate change to close down the mines? (She wanted to go Nuclear).

No no, it's not 95% of scientists - it is just that the scientists who joined together to support the climate change argument are now 95% sure they were right when they came up with the idea in the first place!

Just because Stolen Faeces comes up with a statement like that doesn't mean it's accurate!

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
07 April 2014 05:04
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Margaret Thatcher was the first person to bring Climate Change (Global Warming) to the international stage, for whatever reason. I always look for good in people..
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

Colin H is onlineSilver Member
07 April 2014 06:51
thelook
Photographer
thelook
Berkshire

Quote from mph

No no, it's not 95% of scientists - it is just that the scientists who joined together to support the climate change argument are now 95% sure they were right when they came up with the idea in the first place!

Just because Stolen Faeces comes up with a statement like that doesn't mean it's accurate!

Ah I thought as much when I read this.. https://heartland.org/sites/default/files/10-2012_myth_of_the_98_percent.pdf

Statistics can say anything you want them to. A bit like claiming a biscuit is 90% fat free.... It's the 10% thats dodgy.

I agree there is climate change but I'm one of those people who thinks that there always has been.
Take the trouble to watch the documentary I mentioned, look at the past years of weather and, actually, it doesn't seem much different. I'm guessing the 'Climate Change Experts' have jobs that rely on it... Doesn't mean we shouldn't recycle, try to be greener and at least do our bit though.
When the world whispers 'give up, a fool will say 'I'll give it one more try'.....

Profile Pictures is off-line
07 April 2014 07:43
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

So much argument around this, and its understandable since its an emotive issue. Easy to get distracted without fully understanding. I know this, it's happened to me in the past.

What worries me is that concensus seems lacking and direction dithers when some salient points must be discernible and actionable surely?

An example, the recent flooding brings activity involving dredging rivers, straightening their course to allow faster transit, but the man made pinch points I'm urban settings remain still, concentrating floods where they're least welcome. Alternatively a suggestion to plant more trees on high ground suggested more water will be held on the land or find its way to deep aquifers, reducing run off and flash flooding. One is at odds with the other but the latter seems to offer a significant positive benefit in the long term and immediate future. Why is it impossible to provide definitive views on simple issues and act on those?

For me, I'd start by suggesting that reforestation of our uplands wouldn't hurt and perhaps if tax breaks were allied to this, might even appeal to those with the money, which unfortunately seems to dominate this issues landscape beyond sense or logic.

Paul Hodson is off-line
07 April 2014 09:08
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from profilepictures
So much argument around this, and its understandable since its an emotive issue. Easy to get distracted without fully understanding. I know this, it's happened to me in the past. What worries me is that concensus seems lacking and direction dithers when some salient points must be discernible and actionable surely?

Which in a way is what I was getting at - the expenditure of billions in the UK on making what may (or may not) be a minuscule reduction in overall global warming could perhaps be better spent dealing with the problems we have now - and developing solutions to possible future problems too.

Profile Pictures is off-line
07 April 2014 20:53
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I agree I think, though I still feel the spin put on the green industry is confusing, intentionally so.

For instance, power supply and generation companies suggest they need to
Put prices up to accommodate government direction to be greener and self sufficient? What? We're they planning on beginning that process once the gas and oil runs out then? Equally, what kind of energy policy do we have anyway when every winter we run within hours of having no gas nationally and are always at the mercy of pipelines held and owned by other nations? Is the vested interest of any 'green movement' more insidious than than the purveyors of crude oil?

Plant trees, and avoid npower, the twats kept me hanging on the phone 40 minutes today.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 Cody danixhale Lushlolly pinklilly rob452 Shaneb speed84
abouncer antoinewynn D_H_P dave71 diphoto FlyingShot grahamsphotography imageatthemill Ladiesman philippahh pierre rembrandt rod_m99 rogedodge RUPERT Scotography Steveh32 thelook two_stops
Charlottealom