Reminder Secure

Global warming caused by human beings - true or false ?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
02 April 2014 04:04
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Partly
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Tony Stephenson is off-line
02 April 2014 04:07
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from stolenfaces
Well if you've got a degree in geology I'm sure none of us would bother arguing with you, even when your actual hypothesis seems to swing around widely with every post. I expect one of your opinions is probably not so far from the truth, but the question (for anyone who can be bothered) is to guess which one. Someone of your ability is wasting themselves on these forums, why don't you stand for your local council or perhaps as an MEP. I believe UKIP are always looking for people who like the sound of their own voice and a man with a degree in geology would surely be held in great regard by the party.

Normally I'd engage in reasoned debate with people like you but in your case I'll make an exception as I really don't feel it right to go into a batlle of wits with an unarmed combatant!

As for me joining UKIP, I really don't think I'd be very good material for them as I have probably far more close friends of ethnic origin than most people on here which I suspect wouldn't go down too well .... so your rather petty attempt at schoolboy sarcasm is somewhat wasted in this case.laugh

www.le-femme.co.uk

jivago Photographic is off-line
02 April 2014 04:21
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from mph
I would not disagree with that. My concern is the disproportionate distortion of our economy for a meaningless reduction in the effect on the world's global warming, if indeed we are contributing to it, when the rise in emissions from developing countries will dwarf our efforts.

Please quantify "disproportionate" and please clarify its basis?

....Or is it just the 'Corporates' would actually have to spend on something of social value instead of their own narrow self interests & profit?

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

jivago Photographic is off-line
02 April 2014 04:22
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from tonycsm
Here's a question for you... if Michael Mann's Hockey Stick representation was so definitive, why was it neccessary for Jones et al to want to  ' lose '  the MWP as was implied in the leaked University of EA emails? 
You might also want to comment on the relevance of studies of plant stomata as an indicator of past CO2 levels while you're at it! 

This should be an interesting 'debate'!frown

Tony you play the 'straw man' too well!

- Evidence please - Thank you

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 April 2014 04:29
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago

....Or is it just the 'Corporates' would actually have to spend on something of social value instead of their own narrow self interests & profit?

Disproportionate? Oh the sort of costs that mean even people with "a Government profession to pursue and a business to run and who shoot with the absolute finest professional cameras (Hasselblad and Leica)" would no longer be able to afford to do so!

If you were as intelligent as you purport to be, Doctor, you would have understood the term from the way my point was made in the post you are commenting on.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Tony Stephenson is off-line
02 April 2014 05:52
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from jivago
Tony you play the 'straw man' too well!

- Evidence please - Thank you

Andy... don't even go there! Just research the leaked emails from the University of East Anglia and draw your own conclusions!

However, as usual, the door is always open for reasoned debate if you'd care to participate?wink

www.le-femme.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 April 2014 06:05
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago

Or as an alternative - you can take disproportionate to mean having a serious impact on the living standards of the less well off by increasing, for example, the cost of their fuel bills and summer holiday flights with taxes which don't affect the rich significantly. Not that you clearly have any empathy for the poor. One of the problems of the better off and educated strata of society having an unrealistic view on how the country should be run.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Frank Sinnott is off-line
02 April 2014 06:57
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Is it no wonder the issue on the whole will probably never be resolved. Just using this thread it's easy to see why the world at large will never agree. We've got interfectuals throwing mud at each other from all angles and that's very boring. With your degrees in this that and what not. Yet all you have are opinions to which you're entitled. Surely by now you must know each others political stand point. After all when ever you get the chance you accuse each other of being this or that in numerous threads. Put your degrees to good use and finally establish who the hell you are. Then maybe we can have threads with reasoned debate and not political hate.

diipii is off-line
02 April 2014 11:32
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

False
It only happens all the time.

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 April 2014 11:36
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from diipii
False

Oh stop equivocating!

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Rosamund Samanthajane4
ChrisD grahamsphotography lester2705 Musicman rembrandt rscott360 westend_portfolios
Charlottealom