Reminder Secure

Global warming caused by human beings - true or false ?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Paul Hodson is off-line
01 April 2014 15:59
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago
I am sorry, there was a particularly malodorous exhumation I attended in preference to continuing to debate with you.  I will take your ad hominem attack as a lack of substance to your views.

May I ask you a question?

Thank God you found a way to include ad hominem in another thread. I was worried you had forgotten that phrase!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

jivago Photographic is off-line
01 April 2014 16:10
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from mph
Thank God you found a way to include ad hominem in another thread. I was worried you had forgotten that phrase!

Extreme right wing bigots always bring it to mind.

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Paul Hodson is off-line
01 April 2014 16:53
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

If you are determined to act as a pretentious git.

For someone who denies being left wing your attacks on others as right wingers amuse!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

jivago Photographic is off-line
01 April 2014 17:06
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from mph
If you are determined to act as a pretentious git. For someone who denies being left wing your attacks on others as right wingers amuse!

- Maybe its becuase you are very right wing?

...Now Global warming

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

rmsoansphotography is off-line
01 April 2014 17:36
digimarx
Photographer

London

Quote from SandyCamel
So, human's creating global warming is back in the news.

Apparently we are all to blame with our life-styles.

Also, apparently, 12,000 years ago there was a glacier 3 miles thick over Britain as far south as London.

On the other hand grapes were grown in England by the Romans 2,000 years ago because summers became warmer.

Dinosaurs enjoyed higher temparatures than now apparently - lucky things - there were no polar ice-caps apparently.

Apparently the sun's intensity varies - it is inconsistent.

So, global warming / cooling - fluctuation - is it our fault or is it a natural thing ???

I think humans have contributed to some of the global warming....here is my theory

1) We are so populous
2) we are industrialised producing greenhouse gases either through factories or vehicle emissions
3) Humans have cleared a lot of the landscape to populate cities and towns

Tony Stephenson is off-line
01 April 2014 18:30
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from jivago
I am sorry, there was a particularly malodorous exhumation I attended in preference to continuing to debate with you.  I will take your ad hominem attack as a lack of substance to your views.

May I ask you a question?frown

Here's a question for you... if Michael Mann's Hockey Stick representation was so definitive, why was it neccessary for Jones et al to want to  ' lose '  the MWP as was implied in the leaked University of EA emails? 
You might also want to comment on the relevance of studies of plant stomata as an indicator of past CO2 levels while you're at it! 

This should be an interesting 'debate'!frown
www.le-femme.co.uk

Neil Anderson is off-line
01 April 2014 20:19
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from tonycsm
Here's a question for you... if Michael Mann's Hockey Stick representation was so definitive, why was it neccessary for Jones et al to want to  ' lose '  the MWP as was implied in the leaked University of EA emails? 

You might also want to comment on the relevance of studies of plant stomata as an indicator of past CO2 levels while you're at it! 

This should be an interesting 'debate'!

Well if you've got a degree in geology I'm sure none of us would bother arguing with you, even when your actual hypothesis seems to swing around widely with every post. I expect one of your opinions is probably not so far from the truth, but the question (for anyone who can be bothered) is to guess which one.
Someone of your ability is wasting themselves on these forums, why don't you stand for your local council or perhaps as an MEP. I believe UKIP are always looking for people who like the sound of their own voice and a man with a degree in geology would surely be held in great regard by the party.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Profile Pictures is off-line
01 April 2014 22:15
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Back on topic, the answer would be 'partially true' in that whilst cycles of climate change occur with the planets relationship to the sun, our own activities also must ( in what is a sealed system) also have an effect - I don't think anyone can argue its been positive on the environment ove the last couple of hundred years?

It's a dreadful shame, perhaps the worst shame that between us all we appear not to have very much idea how to respond to this situation, on one hand the end of a glacial age, on the other our poor housekeeping of our planet. Particularly since I'd imagine there's pretty much a parity in our views that we'd all rather like to live in a clean healthy and stable environment. All the irrelevant education or political leanings aside, who wants to be poisoned on a local, never mind global level?

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 April 2014 01:15
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from profilepictures
Back on topic, the answer would be 'partially true' in that whilst cycles of climate change occur with the planets relationship to the sun, our own activities also must ( in what is a sealed system) also have an effect - I don't think anyone can argue its been positive on the environment ove the last couple of hundred years?

It's a dreadful shame, perhaps the worst shame that between us all we appear not to have very much idea how to respond to this situation, on one hand the end of a glacial age, on the other our poor housekeeping of our planet. Particularly since I'd imagine there's pretty much a parity in our views that we'd all rather like to live in a clean healthy and stable environment. All the irrelevant education or political leanings aside, who wants to be poisoned on a local, never mind global level?

I would not disagree with that. My concern is the disproportionate distortion of our economy for a meaningless reduction in the effect on the world's global warming, if indeed we are contributing to it, when the rise in emissions from developing countries will dwarf our efforts.

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 April 2014 01:17
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago
- Maybe its becuase you are very right wing?

Oh the irony of being accused of being very right wing from someone so far to the left that be can't even see the centre!

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jackw JohnDentonPhoto nick34eh steveh32 zzdigital