Reminder Secure

Global warming caused by human beings - true or false ?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
 jivago Photographic is off-line
08 April 2014 17:16
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from mph
Quote from jivago
...Been at this a long time now - Including unleaded petrol, asbestos and scallop dredging to name just a few...... In my experience the spin is laid on most thick with a trowel, by corporate interests. Think of smoking! If anything has taught me a lesson - Its always be very sceptical about corporations and the environment!

Good to see you back - even if it is, as usual, a worthless contribution!

...'Portrait of Financial Advisor as A Young Man' (Apologies to James Joyce)

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 April 2014 18:37
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

If you ever get taken to court I suggest you don't elect to appear in the witness box - it's one thing to look stupid - another to prove it conclusively every time you open your mouth.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

08 April 2014 18:38
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

An Anatomy of the Motivated Rejection of Science

Stephan Lewandowsky1
Klaus Oberauer1,2
Gilles E. Gignac1

1University of Western Australia
2University of Zurich

Abstract

Although nearly all domain experts agree that carbon dioxide emissions are altering the world’s climate, segments of the public remain unconvinced by the scientific evidence. Internet blogs have become a platform for denial of climate change, and bloggers have taken a prominent role in questioning climate science. We report a survey of climate-blog visitors to identify the variables underlying acceptance and rejection of climate science. Our findings parallel those of previous work and show that endorsement of free-market economics predicted rejection of climate science. Endorsement of free markets also predicted the rejection of other established scientific findings, such as the facts that HIV causes AIDS and that smoking causes lung cancer. We additionally show that, above and beyond endorsement of free markets, endorsement of a cluster of conspiracy theories (e.g., that the Federal Bureau of Investigation killed Martin Luther King, Jr.) predicted rejection of climate science as well as other scientific findings. Our results provide empirical support for previous suggestions that conspiratorial thinking contributes to the rejection of science. Acceptance of science, by contrast, was strongly associated with the perception of a consensus among scientists.

Stephan Lewandowsky, School of Psychology, University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, Western Australia 6009, Australia

http://pss.sagepub.com/content/24/5/622

08 April 2014 19:01
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from mph
If you ever get taken to court I suggest you don't elect to appear in the witness box - it's one thing to look stupid - another to prove it conclusively every time you open your mouth.

Actually - I have been to Court many times in my work - 100% record of wins. Life ain't always fair is it. sad

Paul Hodson is off-line
09 April 2014 03:55
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago
Actually - I have been to Court many times in my work - 100% record of wins. Life ain't always fair is it.

Giving evidence on the number of "spiv" financial advisers were you - or did you stick to something you actually knew something about?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
09 April 2014 03:59
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago

. Our results provide empirical support for previous suggestions that conspiratorial thinking contributes to the rejection of science. Acceptance of science, by contrast, was strongly associated with the perception of a consensus among scientists.

So, conspiracy theorists reject science. As most of your posts seem to imply a conspiracy by big business against the poor (like yourself ) then perhaps you should reject science too!

09 April 2014 19:39
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from mph
So, conspiracy theorists reject science. As most of your posts seem to imply a conspiracy by big business against the poor (like yourself ) then perhaps you should reject science too!

Paul Hodson is off-line
10 April 2014 02:58
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

You do need time even to think of silly answers don't you. Perhaps you can come up with something if you get some sleep!

raw and the cooked is off-line
12 April 2014 05:12
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

er, can't wade through all this, but it's all caused by precessional wobble innit?

Paul Hodson is off-line
12 April 2014 10:29
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Is that where the torque-free precession rate of an object with an axis of symmetry, spinning about an axis not aligned with that axis of symmetry can be calculated as follows?

where \scriptstyle \boldsymbol\omega_p is the precession rate, \scriptstyle \boldsymbol\omega_s is the spin rate about the axis of Jivago's hypocrisy, \scriptstyle \boldsymbol I_s is the moment of inertia about the axis of Jivago's bile, and \scriptstyle \boldsymbol I_p is moment of inertia about either of the other two perpendicular principal axes.  laugh

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Laila19 louise22 Paige_hendrix speed84
crupilad DCUKphoto diphoto Discocat djb1 eosfan Ianmcculloch Kjoservices Ladiesman laveravista MIB northimages photon sniffer