Adobe Camera Raw Advice

John - is off-lineSilver Member
30 March 2014 00:50
Studio4
Photographer

West Sussex
London - Brighton

I have recently upgraded to Photoshop CC and now have Camera Raw 8

Unfortunately I have acquired a number of books and training material which use examples from Camera Raw 6 and earlier.

Is there a simple method to convert settings from Camera Raw 6 to Camera Raw 8 or does one just have to forget the past and move on.

4EverYoung is off-line
31 March 2014 13:39
Midnite
Photographer
Midnite
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

I dont think its so different really, you've lost fill light and recovery slider but the highlight, shadow, white and black sliders do much the same with better control.

there is a clarity slider which pulls up a bit of contrast and sharpening .

i suppose it depends on what you mean by converting settings?
I have never failed But i have discovered thousands of approches which don't work.

John - is off-lineSilver Member
31 March 2014 18:24
Studio4
Photographer

West Sussex
London - Brighton

Thanks for your input much appreciated.

I am happy using the sliders in the new Camera Raw and understand what each one does.

Unfortunately I have acquired a number of settings for special effects which don't seems to work using ACR 8

Many thanks

4EverYoung is off-line
31 March 2014 20:18
Midnite
Photographer
Midnite
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Hi I thought something along those lines might be your issue.

As a thought, if you open a raw image you previously edited should open said file in the acr interface specific to the edit. I think but am not positive you can ask acr to use any version of acr previous to the current version. Maybe this would help?
I have never failed But i have discovered thousands of approches which don't work.

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz imagezone James7799 Thunder_Photos