This thread is being watched by 2 people
HowardJ is off-line
19 April 2014 15:02
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I think PS has lost its edge. I'm not really sure why. Other sites are very active and the level of creativity and helpfulness is way up there. I don't know how PS recovers.

Chrissie Red is off-line
19 April 2014 16:14
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Maybe lack of premium members uploading work safe images?

I downgraded last year and haven't got round to upgrading again (I plan on upgrading eventually when an alternative payment method is available.. or if the membership price comes down to be a little more competitive).

I don't really pay much attention to the front page images so doesn't really bother me, its always been a mixed bag - some good/some awful.

Photographic Solutions is off-line
19 April 2014 16:19
Shootsyou
Photographer

Cornwall
Truro

Thank you to the members who took the time to comment on my post.

I always find these forums amazing, I find it strange how so many people who reply to these threads think they know more about the person who posted the comment than that person actually knows about themselves, I appreciate we are all entitled to our opinion of someone, but do you actually know me ? No I don't think so, you may think you do, but trust me don't.
I am a very polite person in every way, and if someone takes the time to contacts me, I will always reply as I believe it is rude not to.
I don’t think I said it was PS fault the models didn't reply or want to shoot with me, it will always be the Model / Photographers choice to whom they wish to work with, I don't have a problem with that.

What I did say was I believe it is rude as a model or photographer when someone takes the time to contact you not to reply, and as a member the same as the rest I am entitled to post on these Forums if I so choose to.

And to some of you who replied remember !!!! Sarcasm is the lowest form of whit

HowardJ is off-line
19 April 2014 16:34
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I think sometimes models and togs get bombarded with messages hence why people don't reply to every message. there was also some confusion as to whether replying to someone's message used part of your daily allowance which is why there's now a helpful message saying that it doesn't.

there's always many perspectives on a situation and sometimes it's good to try to see the situation from the other party's perspective and not immediately go jumping to the assumption that someone is being rude and ignoring you. it could be they're just busy with other messages or other non work related activities. we're all human and you shouldn't expect instant replies.

Gerry is off-line
19 April 2014 16:52
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from Shootsyou
Thank you to the members who took the time to comment on my post. I always find these forums amazing, I find it strange how so many people who reply to these threads think they know more about the person who posted the comment than that person actually knows about themselves, I appreciate we are all entitled to our opinion of someone, but do you actually know me ? No I don't think so, you may think you do, but trust me don't. I am a very polite person in every way, and if someone takes the time to contacts me, I will always reply as I believe it is rude not to. I don’t think I said it was PS fault the models didn't reply or want to shoot with me, it will always be the Model / Photographers choice to whom they wish to work with, I don't have a problem with that. What I did say was I believe it is rude as a model or photographer when someone takes the time to contact you not to reply, and as a member the same as the rest I am entitled to post on these Forums if I so choose to. And to some of you who replied remember !!!! Sarcasm is the lowest form of whit

Who said we were being sarcastic? We were giving you blunt advice from what we know about why models don't reply to messages. You can chose to do something about it or sit there and accuse them of being rude and carry on not getting replies to your messages.

Plenty of people get replies from models on here
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Dragon Graffix is off-line
19 April 2014 17:13
DragonGraffix
Photographer

Hampshire
Portsmouth

This subject has cropped up many times over the years on these forums.

If a polite message is sent it should be met with a reply, that is good manners. Even if it is, "Thank you but this is not for me". That took me 5 seconds to write. I disagree that models do not have the time to reply to messages.

Replying to messages is also good business sense. Two years ago I posted a casting call for 3 models for clothed work for a telecommunications company at a very good rate of pay. The only criteria was that they were available on a particular date and they had a professional attitude (not having to be professional). Over 750 models replied and I answered all their responses. It was a copy and pasted generic message thanking them for their application. it took me no time at all to reply as messages came in over a 3 week period. I rejected each and every model that could not 'be bothered' to reply to me in previous years and I wrote to them to explain why! These models potentially lost out on well paid, clothed and published work all because, in my eyes, they did not show a professional attitude!

We can make all the excuses in the world, but it costs nothing to be polite!
"Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical." - Sophia Loren

Gerry is off-line
19 April 2014 17:19
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

I give in!

Its not because they don't have the time, its because if they do respond to say they are not interested, a certain proportion of f...wits will decide to argue back why they are wrong.

That and for most young people, no reply means they are not interested.

You are in their world now, you want them to models for you, learn to live by their rules or forever moan about it which will not achieve anything, because they don't care

Neil Anderson is off-line
19 April 2014 17:23
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from DragonGraffix
This subject has cropped up many times over the years on these forums.

If a polite message is sent it should be met with a reply, that is good manners. Even if it is, "Thank you but this is not for me". That took me 5 seconds to write. I disagree that models do not have the time to reply to messages.

Replying to messages is also good business sense. Two years ago I posted a casting call for 3 models for clothed work for a telecommunications company at a very good rate of pay. The only criteria was that they were available on a particular date and they had a professional attitude (not having to be professional). Over 750 models replied and I answered all their responses. It was a copy and pasted generic message thanking them for their application. it took me no time at all to reply as messages came in over a 3 week period. I rejected each and every model that could not 'be bothered' to reply to me in previous years and I wrote to them to explain why! These models potentially lost out on well paid, clothed and published work all because, in my eyes, they did not show a professional attitude!

We can make all the excuses in the world, but it costs nothing to be polite!

I guess you write back to people who e-mail offering opportunities in Nigeria, as it's the polite thing to do.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Gerry is off-line
19 April 2014 17:24
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Dragon Graffix is off-line
19 April 2014 17:34
DragonGraffix
Photographer

Hampshire
Portsmouth

Quote from stolenfaces
I guess you write back to people who e-mail offering opportunities in Nigeria, as it's the polite thing to do.

What has writing back to people who e-mail offering opportunities in Nigeria anything to do with this thread. Or, is this your attempt at humour? Most people know of the 'Africa eMail Scams'. This is about a photographer that contacts a model, and a model replying to the photographer!

It is, I believe, obtuse remarks like this that have driven users of Purestorm forums away. You only have to look at the same threads on the front forum page month in month out. If you cannot make a point without reverting to obtuse remarks, then I feel sorry for you!
"Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical." - Sophia Loren

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 Exoticangel infinitelizzy Jenniferelizabeth poppylapilule tanyacox
ad360photo andy_howard andygstudios frankpht GlasgowPhotographer grahamsphotography HarishPadalia James7799 keltica Kjoservices lenspoynter manchestertog1 MIB paletesdeluz philippahh redbaron redmedia rscott360 Snooper911 somers stevegosh Steveharratt swalsh58