This thread is being watched by 2 people
OldMaster is off-line
27 March 2014 14:32
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

With the same old PS Home Page pictures? The ones up there have been the same for weeks now. Time was they would change whilst I was on line, so what's goin' on. Can't be bothered or an admission that week in, week out, nobody is posting work good enough or suitable for the Home page.

Frankly, I doubt it! Come on PS, lets see some activity

Rupert Rudd is off-line
28 March 2014 09:59
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Getting bored myself, especially when a picture I dislike seems to come up first every time. There seems to be a loss of heart hereabouts which is saddening.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Dragon Graffix is off-line
06 April 2014 06:12
DragonGraffix
Photographer

Hampshire
Portsmouth

A while back I used to use Purestorm quite a bit. I used to book models from here and contribute to the forum quite regularly! I also used it to communicate with photographers, answer questions on the help forum and post help needed questions myself!

In recent times, I believe that there have been comparatively fewer new models joining. If I look at the forum every 3 months virtually the same subjects are on the front page of each forum so very few entries are being added. Much of this may possibly be due to posters getting unnecessarily ridiculed by members who seem to get some kind of kick out of trying to upset people for absolutely no reason other than to inflate their own ego.

The one time I needed the help of the moderators, the moderator who dealt with me was very unhelpful.

As a photography teacher, I approached 5 different photographers for help with their techniques that I wished to replicate in my class. All 5 were unhelpful.

Don't get me wrong, some of the photographers and models I have met on hear have been superb and helpful and several are what I would now describe as good friends. So tolerating the many unhelpful photographers and unreliable models has been worth it to meet with the excellent ones!

I am hearing the same story from other photographers and models who were once quite active on here but now very rarely use this site, favouring using other similar portfolio hosting websites. I have to ask myself the question of what I get from Purestorm these days and the value of using Puretorm anymore!

I do not know what has gone wrong, but as a user, something has. The question is, can it be mended?

"Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical." - Sophia Loren

w4pictures is off-line
06 April 2014 10:42
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Quote from OldMaster
With the same old PS Home Page pictures? The ones up there have been the same for weeks now. Time was they would change whilst I was on line, so what's goin' on. Can't be bothered or an admission that week in, week out, nobody is posting work good enough or suitable for the Home page. Frankly, I doubt it! Come on PS, lets see some activity

Yes, they stay there awhile but I disagree that they of insufficient quality. Over the past few months, there have been some excellent pictures on the home page.

Photographic Solutions is off-line
19 April 2014 13:35
Shootsyou
Photographer

Cornwall
Truro

I'm very bored with PS I have approached a number of new models local to me they read your question and the choose to ignore you, how rude is that sorry.

Then I sent a message, infact this message just to say I think it's rude not to reply :::

(It's obvious you're not interested not to worry I wont ignore you I always reply, either yes or no thanks it's only polite to do so take care)

Then I receive this message back only because I sent the the one above, then she blocked me lol, sorry just a complete waste of time I will stick to my favourite site.

((hiya I think that your a little to rude for my liking I have a busy life with out sitting on my laptop all day but no thanks Im not interested in doing a shoot with u))

The part regarding not sitting on the laptop all day, I don't log in here that often but every time I visited the site she was on it, yes I am BORED with this site, very few genuine people on it sorry.

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
19 April 2014 13:45
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Members should be REQUIRED to log in every so often, how often is debateable, - I'll kick off by suggesting once a month, - if not their account is suspended. Every winter I put aside details of models I'd like to work with. Come the spring I check them out and find that none of them have visited the site for 6 months. Sometimes I might contact a model and request a spring shoot, - I get a reply stating, "yes, would love to" - come the spring..... you can guess. Disappeared off the face of the earth.

Neil Anderson is off-line
19 April 2014 14:02
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from Shootsyou
I'm very bored with PS I have approached a number of new models local to me they read your question and the choose to ignore you, how rude is that sorry.

Then I sent a message, infact this message just to say I think it's rude not to reply :::

(It's obvious you're not interested not to worry I wont ignore you I always reply, either yes or no thanks it's only polite to do so take care)

Then I receive this message back only because I sent the the one above, then she blocked me lol, sorry just a complete waste of time I will stick to my favourite site.

((hiya I think that your a little to rude for my liking I have a busy life with out sitting on my laptop all day but no thanks Im not interested in doing a shoot with u))

The part regarding not sitting on the laptop all day, I don't log in here that often but every time I visited the site she was on it, yes I am BORED with this site, very few genuine people on it sorry.

Presumably they ignore you because they don't want to shoot with you (and maybe don't understand your English).
Her message probably meant that she thought your profile photos too rude, which is any model's right. It is perfectly normal not to reply at all if the message is unsolicited (ie not a reply to a casting), and the model doesn't like your photos as otherwise she may have to put up with people who write back pleading or insulting (which it does sound like you might do).
If you are happy on another site why are you posting here?
Unless you were offering decent money it would seem unlikely that many models on any reputable site would be interested.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Gerry is off-line
19 April 2014 14:03
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Another site does that but I think its 2 or 3 months. If someone is abroad on a long break and doesn't fancy logging in to an internet café or is in hospital, then it does seem a little drastic to cut them off. 1 month is too short.

But I never understand this complaint because you can customise the search to include only most recently logged on.

Some models have come back after a year or more where they were more active elsewhere. Should we then make it difficult for them to re-start using the site?

The site has made it clear its a portfolio hosting site and booking shoots is an optional extra. You don't need to log in to use the site to host your portfolio so suggesting people are kicked off for not logging in is not in accordance with the site's designed use. Maybe you ought to try and persuade the site owners that it should be something else other than a portfolio hosting site
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Gerry is off-line
19 April 2014 14:11
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from Shootsyou
I'm very bored with PS I have approached a number of new models local to me they read your question and the choose to ignore you, how rude is that sorry. Then I sent a message, infact this message just to say I think it's rude not to reply ::: (It's obvious you're not interested not to worry I wont ignore you I always reply, either yes or no thanks it's only polite to do so take care) Then I receive this message back only because I sent the the one above, then she blocked me lol, sorry just a complete waste of time I will stick to my favourite site. ((hiya I think that your a little to rude for my liking I have a busy life with out sitting on my laptop all day but no thanks Im not interested in doing a shoot with u)) The part regarding not sitting on the laptop all day, I don't log in here that often but every time I visited the site she was on it, yes I am BORED with this site, very few genuine people on it sorry.

I am with Stolen Faces on this, you chose to argue when then didn't reply proves why the models were sensible to ignore your message if they were not interested. They probably think if you can argue with them when they haven't replied, WTF will you do if they did.

Most models are pretty clued up on which photographers are not going to offer them anything of value [cash or images]. Maybe you need to approach different models and offer to pay them and put together a portfolio and get some references that means models will be interested in responding back
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Paul Jones is off-line
19 April 2014 14:19
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from Shootsyou
I'm very bored with PS I have approached a number of new models local to me they read your question and the choose to ignore....

yes I am BORED with this site

So, is it Purestorm's fault that new models don't want to be photographed by you?

I have been around Internet forums for 15 years.  There are plenty of websites that I used to be active on that I no longer visit.  If I get bored, I stop going to it.

Best regards
Paul

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 missbelluk rob452 Sifx
arfom_dphotography bopguy2k8 Cheshunt83 claypaws darimages dirkus frankpht Gaudinio James7799 kaosrox modelboutique Njsphotography philippahh robertsonshug Rule_of_Thumb storaa
mrchrishenry southdowns