www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

Paul Riddell is off-line
26 March 2014 04:37
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

Its often contacts need cleaning as someone else said, but its also a 'catch all' as someone else said.

Not a very useful message. I had it recently when the shutter failed on my camera.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Matthew G is off-line
26 March 2014 15:22
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I think error 99 means search down the purestorm forums and find another 40d for sale that doesnt hve any errors :-) Just kidding, hope you get it sorted. whenever i have had error 99 it generally means Canon is telling you an error but has no idea what error :-)

Anthonygh is off-line
26 March 2014 17:29
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Someone is selling a 40D on here at a good price....in your situation I would think about buying it. If you fix your camera yourself you have another decent back-up.....if not, you have another 40D at a price that is possibly not much more than the repair bill for your current body......and this one has a Canon grip included!

Cliff Chester is off-lineGold Member
27 March 2014 09:16
cliffc
Photographer
cliffc
London

Hi Am not sure if it is the same model, But I came across this several months ago it could be a design fault with the camera. You cant shoot quick it is because it stacks the images up and needs time to read them.so you have to wait until the camera can do this, It needs to go back to cannon, before you do this contact cannon. If you are still under guarantee I was told cannon will sort out. I got this information from a shop in London who deals mainly with cannon cameras. Hope it helps Cliff

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
rscott360 Thunder_Photos