Female friendship?

OldMaster is off-line
25 March 2014 07:25
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

We will all probably be aware of the tragic acid attack on a young lady by her "friend" who has now been appropriately sentenced.

So this is probably a question by a male who doesn't understand aspects of this tragic event and would be interested in starting a forum discussion on "female friendships", discussed please, by females!!

A female "expert" on the radio yesterday was saying that a female freindship with another female had depths that the male often fails to understand? Obviously true or a lack of understanding of male "bonding"?  What baffled me, from the victims own emotional response was how her "friend" apparently did nothing but be jealous of her, belittle her, do everything she could to upset and bring her down whenever possible whilst still obviously expect and indeed succeed in being considered  a "friend"....

It would probably be true to say that the majority of males would react very diffferently..either upon discovering treachery, either "smack them one" or curtail the friendship with a sharp rebuke and tell them to "sod off" in no uncertain terms...

So why would cleary some ladies be comfortable in an abusive relationship with other women. We know many of the reasons why they often find it hard to tear themselves away from an abusive relationship with a male but with another female?

I am sure it is "deep" and complicated, might involve own personal family background and a multitude of other factors, etc but the "expert" was sure the nature of female friendships was very different to male..how different?

Just asking...a bit baffled?! 

Paul Hodson is off-line
25 March 2014 08:07
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I am baffled enough that anybody could do that - even to a stranger!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

OldMaster is off-line
25 March 2014 11:05
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Only a comment from a male! We have always been told how good women are at talking about emotions and feelings? Perhaps the lack of comments so far tells its own story? Some insight from the ladies would be very welcome?

25 March 2014 13:11
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Maybe they "don't like" how "you" "slag off" Maja Stina on your "portfolio" and so "don't want" to be "involved" with your "views"

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

25 March 2014 13:39
JadedRed
Model

I don't understand why this is a "female" thing, it's seems to be an "unusual" thing and not representative of any friendships I've observed regardless of gender of the participants.

Chosin is a moderatorPlatinum Member
25 March 2014 14:11
Chosin
Model
Chosin
Hampshire

Quote from JadedRed
I don't understand why this is a "female" thing, it's seems to be an "unusual" thing and not representative of any friendships I've observed regardless of gender of the participants.

+ 1
I am old enough to say I have done it, and still young enough to do it again! ;}

Jesfish is off-line
25 March 2014 14:59
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I don't think this incident can be used to discuss female relationships, or any other kind, as the person involved is clearly a lunatic and so completely irrelevant to anything related to normal society.

Howard Mansfield is off-line
26 March 2014 11:08
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Nottinghamshire

Quote from Socialdisaster
Maybe they "don't like" how "you" "slag off" Maja Stina on your "portfolio" and so "don't want" to be "involved" with your "views"

My internal dialogue is having spasms trying to incorporate all those quotation marks.
Everyone knows photographers make up the hottest proportions of Britains single men. - Kater

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
26 March 2014 11:18
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from JadedRed

It's probably to do with the age old belief that women can be 'bitchy' (obviously a gender oriented term).

I can only assume he's never seen (male) photgraphers squabble/bicker.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

OldMaster is off-line
26 March 2014 15:00
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

May be Social Disaster if you had been lied to and "OldMaster is a naughty person ed" around like I had with no recourse you might have felt tempted to mention it on your page? PS fails badly here in that someone can post a negative based on false premises without there being a requirement for burden of proof. Google her, I am not alone!!!

Anyway it has nothing to do with the post! As for Jes's post, may she didn't read the body of my text. This was not about the victim but more in reference to the phsychiatrist who made the comments about the nature of female friendships compared to males.

As usual it appears to be mostly males who have commented

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment
antoinewynn clarmike D_H_P diphoto Don_Dark Edenbailey eosfan Essexjohn gshocker30 imageatthemill JohnDentonPhoto kennmac1957 MIB mrdl Njsphotography orca_photography panda49 plld psn Thunder_Photos Twilightphotography xcellent