Pete Whelan is off-line
22 March 2014 09:46
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

I wonder if anyone can help.

Just subscribed to the Adobe phographer package and installed it on a brand new acer machine running windows 8, 8gb Ram, 1T HD etc so plenty powerful.

Designed a very straight forward poster early in the week consisting of a solid colour with some black text, document size is 43 m so not huge.

I need to edit the text but when I have gone back into the document, selected the text tool, clicked on the text box to amend it, the curser stops flashing and any changes I make are invisible, even to the point that nothing actually happens.

When I click the check/tick sign at the top of the page the amendments become visible.

When I use the mouse scroll to zoom in and out, the rules change size but the document stays the same until I click off it.

I have done a complete re-install but it is exactly the same.

I have created a new document in case the old one is corrupt, same problem.

I'm sure its something stupid like a setting as it was fine previously, but I'm buggered if I can find it.

Any help would be most appreciated

Ta
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

KHV is off-line
22 March 2014 10:28
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Go to the Adobe Forum, and you can use your Adobe user name to log-in.

Although 8g RAM is sufficient, you will find these days that you really need 16+G to get good results but that depends on your processor and what else you are running at the same time.

You are saving as layers yes ?

Pete Whelan is off-line
22 March 2014 11:14
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

the adobe forum was undergoing maintenance when I tried before

its been working fine, but something has suddenly changed and the document isn't that big for it to be an issue

really odd
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Anette0726 charlotte90 ElleLaura Exoticangel kate_anne lourabern natasha_1992 Tom84
antoinewynn CalTeg digimarx Djanimation djb1 dorrian duncanjames edb Gdpics Greedy80 Ian_Walker ian201050 Ladiesman lify philippahh poah Poss powerbook92 Rupert thelook vapourtrail
photo39