Neil Anderson is off-line
16 March 2014 08:47
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from HowardJ

I agree it would be a useful feature but there may be many reasons for it not being implemented including the site owners wanting to encourage you to remain engaged with the site (sticky to it - it's a pretty standard thing for companies to do. you provide more features on the website to encourage people to visit it) or privacy reasons as people may be providing information in PMs that they would rather not make it to their email provider's servers or an email account they may share with partners etc or an email account which could get hacked thus exposing information to unauthorised people.

I seem to remember seeing an enhancement request for this feature a couple of years ago but I guess it wasn't taken up.

Does this make sense ? As far as everyone says, it is implemented. ie you can't read messages without marking them as read. So the rest of what you write is pretty strange.
On facebook you can have messages automatically forwarded to e-mail, which is handy as a reciever, but annoying as a sender who does not know whether it has been read or not.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

HowardJ is off-line
16 March 2014 09:10
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from stolenfaces

Does this make sense ? As far as everyone says, it is implemented. ie you can't read messages without marking them as read. So the rest of what you write is pretty strange.
On facebook you can have messages automatically forwarded to e-mail, which is handy as a reciever, but annoying as a sender who does not know whether it has been read or not.

I believe you'll find they're saying the feature to read the text of a PM in the email notification is not implemented.

16 March 2014 09:19
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from HowardJ

I believe you'll find they're saying the feature to read the text of a PM in the email notification is not implemented.

It's not a useful feature. How can you possibly read my post as being in favour of removing the 'message read' feature.
The OP was presumably asking because she had a message that said it was unread, and wondered whether higher levels of membership could read without it being marked as read. The answer was no.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

HowardJ is off-line
16 March 2014 09:22
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from stolenfaces

It's not a useful feature. How can you possibly read my post as being in favour of removing the 'message read' feature.
The OP was presumably asking because she had a message that said it was unread, and wondered whether higher levels of membership could read without it being marked as read. The answer was no.

I suggest you try reading the OP original post.

The answer from RedChecker was no there is no such feature. RedChecker then said it would be useful if the message preview feature on the site didn't mark the message as read. This is separate by related to the OP's question

16 March 2014 09:31
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from HowardJ

I suggest you try reading the OP original post.

The answer from RedChecker was no there is no such feature. RedChecker then said it would be useful if the message preview feature on the site didn't mark the message as read. This is separate by related to the OP's question

And I said (for the nth time now) that the message read feature is useful.
And I said that your analysis of why this 'message read' feature existed was rubbish.
Is that clearer ??

HowardJ is off-line
16 March 2014 09:49
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from stolenfaces

And I said (for the nth time now) that the message read feature is useful.
And I said that your analysis of why this 'message read' feature existed was rubbish.
Is that clearer ??

ummm... no. My analysis was in reference to the OP's comment about wanting to see the message text in her email notification.

Maybe you should read things a little more carefully?

16 March 2014 10:06
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from HowardJ

ummm... no. My analysis was in reference to the OP's comment about wanting to see the message text in her email notification.

Maybe you should read things a little more carefully?

Why does that effect whether what you said was rubbish ? None of the the previous comments are of any significance in that respect.
Your statement was rubbish.
There seems little point in reading what you write at all as it is just confused and illogical.
I wish I had never looked at your post and I will now leave you to your delusions.

HowardJ is off-line
16 March 2014 10:22
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from stolenfaces

Why does that effect whether what you said was rubbish ? None of the the previous comments are of any significance in that respect.
Your statement was rubbish.
There seems little point in reading what you write at all as it is just confused and illogical.
I wish I had never looked at your post and I will now leave you to your delusions.

OK, I'll interpret that as "I'm sorry, you are correct. Your comments now make more sense as I can see how they relate to the OP's question. However I have difficulty in accepting I was wrong and apologising."

I too wish you hadn't got involved. However if you let me know your address I'll send you some ladybird books to help with your reading skills.

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
16 March 2014 12:22
ForumModerator

West Sussex

For the record.
The ability to read the contents of a PM in the notification email was stopped several (5 or 6?) years
ago after a number of problem issues directly linked to this facility were reported by the membership.
~~~~~~~~

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
mandymack Michelledefeo1 michellehush zavego
Belemboo claypaws DarkArtDan dirkus djb1 donaldmac duncanjames Enigmafife GlasgowPhotographer kaosrox kennykaboom Kentrichuk Ladiesman love lysander mikehemmings Moodie pcmphotography powerbook92 Rscott360 siclews Snooper911 stevegosh steveh32 Stoker thelook tonypage two_stops viewphotographic
harbourstudio