Lastolite easybox 2 Octa

Pict is off-line
14 March 2014 06:43
Pict
Photographer
Pict
Kent
Rochester

Considering buying one of these (medium) mainly due to size when packed down, durability and saftey (no sharp edges)
but I havent shot with one before. Does anyone have any such experience on the quality of light produced?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
14 March 2014 06:53
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

A good tip is to use some sort of diffusor for the flashes (like Stofen ones that push over the flashhead) if you get one as this helps to spread the light sideways/backwards to fill the box better, and thus lead to less of a hotspot on the front diffusors. You do lose a lot of power though in doing this.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Pict is off-line
14 March 2014 07:03
Pict
Photographer
Pict
Kent
Rochester

I'm planning on using it with a Bowens Gemini head. It has an internal baffle but having used many different softboxes over the years I know that their effectiveness is quite variable.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
14 March 2014 07:11
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Ah sorry, thought it was a speedlite box.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Dave Beasley is online
14 March 2014 09:02
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

I have seen others use them with good results. I have a cupboard full of Lastolite products and have never been less than pleased with the build quality and quality of results when using them, so I wouldn't have any doubts about buying this one.

Garth is off-line
15 March 2014 13:33
garth01
Photographer
garth01
Cheshire
chester

I have the large rectangular version 90x90 cm and it's fantastic, packs down easily and the light quality is superb. Don't see why the octa version would be any different.
www.garethhickey.co.uk

Pict is off-line
16 March 2014 04:19
Pict
Photographer
Pict
Kent
Rochester

Quote from garth01
I have the large rectangular version 90x90 cm and it's fantastic, packs down easily and the light quality is superb. Don't see why the octa version would be any different.

Brian Jones is off-line
21 March 2014 10:45
kimphot
Photographer
kimphot
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Go to your dealer and try it!

Pict is off-line
21 March 2014 11:32
Pict
Photographer
Pict
Kent
Rochester

Quote from kimphot
Go to your dealer and try it!

If only that were possible

Anyway bought one today.15% off till eom. First impressions are very good quality & packs down into a very small bag so thats 2 boxes ticked. Shooting with it 2 days next week so will get a chance to see if the light is as good as I hope it will be.

Rupert Rudd is off-line
21 March 2014 12:54
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Have you looked at Bessels range of softboxes? Their pricing is excellent. I got a big fishfryer from them and am well pleased.

http://www.bessel.co.uk/
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE chosin jodieellen Kaylie kealeyanne123 Lusciousabi29 mandymack Natalie120525 Theenglishrose wildchief
Aquarian bbphotos Blancho Brian2008 chopper_images eosfan Fstop gazzer59 humphries iamge john_at_tina_spice JohnDentonPhoto Ladiesman lester2705 lify mareeoosh oro peteb PhilStorm photomart psn scottmcccxiv star_shots stephenmuddell stevegosh timbham westend_portfolios woody