I have used www.albelli.com

Shawn Barker is off-line
14 March 2014 04:52
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMedia
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

I use Graphistudio and Sim2000. You'll need to open an account and prove you're a pro to access both of them, but trade is around £200 for A4/40pages/std finishes. Lay flats have been around for as long as photobooks were invented, they just tend to be at the top end of the quality market. The dealers that supply pros don't publish their trade prices on the internet, else your customers would be moaning about you making a profit. Although if they did then most people would realise how expensive they are compared to the Bobs Books/Tescos pap.

14 March 2014 06:13
paule
Photographer

Sim, Loxley, Colorworld.. all the aforementioned...

a very decent lower cost option I use is: Fuji Create...

http://www.fujifilmcreate.co.uk/asp/index.asp

theperfectgentleman is off-line
14 March 2014 16:26
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Photobox. reasonably priced for the quality of book produced.

Shawn Barker is off-line
15 March 2014 08:16
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMedia
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

Quote from theperfectgentleman
Photobox. reasonably priced for the quality of book produced.

I wouldn't say they were reasonably priced. I would say they were cheap in both product and price compared to other companies offering products specifically for the wedding market.  From the limited information provided, it would not be unreasonable to assume the customer was after something of higher quality. However, there are people on a budget and sometimes that's all they are going to afford.

In this instance, it sounds like you may be fighting an uphill struggle to secure the booking without a portfolio of albums for the bride and groom to view. It may be worth getting some demo albums made to order.

w4pictures is off-line
17 March 2014 17:38
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Quote from FrameworksMedia
I wouldn't say they were reasonably priced. I would say they were cheap in both product and price compared to other companies offering products specifically for the wedding market.  From the limited information provided, it would not be unreasonable to assume the customer was after something of higher quality. However, there are people on a budget and sometimes that's all they are going to afford.

In this instance, it sounds like you may be fighting an uphill struggle to secure the booking without a portfolio of albums for the bride and groom to view. It may be worth getting some demo albums made to order.

All of the above and more. Show something cheap and nasty and that will determine your market if indeed you end up with one at all. Wedding photographers needs for an album are quality of construction, quality of printing, lack of branding. If you give a punter a Photobox or similar album, expect them to kick off when they can go online and find that you have charged £500 for a £29.99 book. The fact that its taken a week to edit the pictures, set the album, prep the pictures for printing and pay for the book in advance is not something they will consider. That's one of the reasons Loxley and others require an account before you can access their sites.

CSD Images is off-line
18 March 2014 09:11
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

If you use InDesign or Lr/Bridge then you can also tie into Blurb:

http://www.blurb.co.uk/create-photo-books
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

Mantisphoto is off-lineSilver Member
19 March 2014 22:12
mantisphoto
Photographer
mantisphoto
Birmingham

Quote from Tony_Parker
I have used www.albelli.com

+1
Easy to use website and design software and decent quality books. Prices aren't bad either

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
entity MISSRACHEL
andygstudios Pictureimage