This thread is being watched by 1 person
ICONIC :P is off-line
13 March 2014 08:33
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

so a potential customer messaged me via facebook asking about me photographing their reception, they state they want a photobook so i give them a quote and they are happy but then .. do you use lay flat photobooks?  i say what do you mean by lay flat (obviously now making myself sound like a retard) oh comes the response most ''professional'' photographers use lay flat photobooks as otherwise the image in the middle is un viewable

so my question is where do i get one made ?

thanks
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
13 March 2014 08:35
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

There were loads of these at the recent photoshow. It may be worth looking at their website for the exhibitors and subsequently go through all their websites.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Juan is off-line
13 March 2014 08:49
JuanMuino
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Hello, Loxley do a book called Belissimo Infinity Coffee Table book...it's a little more expensive, but you can have an image span the entire spread without too much loss in the gutter.

13 March 2014 08:50
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

is this a new thing out?

13 March 2014 08:56
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

loxely colour psses me of you have to register to get a price :@

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
13 March 2014 09:01
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Iconic
loxely colour psses me of you have to register to get a price :@

+1

That said if you're going pro it shouldn't be a problem (IIRC they need some sort of proof you're a pro which is why I've personally never bothered looking at them)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

13 March 2014 09:05
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

who needs proof that your pro loxely colour ? :@

Juan is off-line
13 March 2014 09:07
JuanMuino
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

No, not a new thing as I've been using these for over two years.

Yes, Loxley are trade printers, so you will need to register to get further info. It is just a basic registration process.

Steve M is off-line
13 March 2014 10:25
TheShinyOne
Photographer
TheShinyOne
London

Bobs Books offer a lay flat product, reasonably priced, on photographic paper - good quality.
I live for the nights that I can't remember / with the people that I can't forget

Paul Hodson is off-line
13 March 2014 11:32
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Even people like Bonusprint do them.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angel_Bliss AnnThompson channelle12 Nicodee StarkySteveB
antoinewynn Blancho cliffc dannyrich Dolayley Eclipsephoto ellessephotography HarishPadalia Hexpictures James7799 john_at_tina_spice Ladiesman MIB panda49 TinDolls two_stops
harbourstudio