David Heels is off-line
10 March 2014 18:52
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Hi Folks,

Everytime I attempt to open Purestorm, (ie. type purestorm.com in the URL bar) A webserver default page opens, called 'Default parallels plesk panel page'.

I can only get onto the site by googling PS, and clicking on one of the sub headings.

This is only happening on PS, no other site.

I've run anti-maleware and anti-virus software, but nothing has changed.

Does anyone have any clues as to why this might be happening? And how I might cure it?

Running Windows XP, on a PC.
Cheers

Dave

HowardJ is off-line
10 March 2014 19:05
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

are you typing http://www.purestorm.com or just purestorm.com without the www?

Chrissie Red is off-line
10 March 2014 19:15
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Funny you mention that, the same thing happened to me yesterday when I tried to pop over in the evening.

I ended up just going to bed and it worked find again this morning.

11 March 2014 04:00
Socialdisaster
Photographer

its a problem with the server setup that PS lives on. Plesk is the control panel for many servers. If the the website is down / having problems, you see a default plesk page
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Anthonygh is off-line
11 March 2014 04:43
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

It happened to me...I found the way round it was to Google Purestorm, then get into the site via one of the options ( I think I used 'forums' ) then navigated to my profile then 'book marked' that link.

Didn't have any problems on my ipad, so I think my computer 'cached' the plesk page when it was defaulting to that and I can't clear it...I tried PS on my ipad after the plesk episode.

OldMaster is off-line
11 March 2014 06:14
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Me to...when accessed from my favourites and from the first Google entry. Opened it from another Google search entry and replaced the favourites link..now seems to be opening fine.

Glad it wasn't just me!

Tim is a moderatorPlatinum Member
11 March 2014 10:22
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

Hey All,

We did have a brief outage the day which could account for you seeing the Plesk page at that time but that shouldn't be the case now. Another user had an issue with this in Internet Explorer but when using Google Chrome it loaded no problem, I've just tested it in all browsers, IE, Chrome, Firefox & Safari and all loading the homepage as it should.

The first thing which springs to mind is that the browser has stored a cached image of the Plesk page and hasn't refreshed, this is easy to test by forcing the browser to refresh using the following keyboard combinations:

Windows: ctrl + F5
Mac/Apple: Apple + R or command + R
Linux: F5

Please try this and let me know if it's still happening, thanks for the heads up and help troubleshooting the issue.
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

David Heels is off-line
11 March 2014 10:43
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Ctrl + F5 worked for me.

Thank you.

Good to know I wasn't just being a computer numpty (for once).
Dave

Tim is a moderatorPlatinum Member
11 March 2014 11:04
Tim
Model
Tim
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from Crippen
Ctrl + F5 worked for me. Thank you. Good to know I wasn't just being a computer numpty (for once). Dave

Not at all Dave, the computer should have updated the local cache automatically really but glad it's done the job cheeky
many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
11 March 2014 17:11
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Had this myself at the weekend just logged of internet and back on again and it was ok.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Jessicaliu1993 joann2 Lushlolly natpenelope Natural_happy_girl
antoinewynn bayford bob22 clarmike dby47 Don_Dark edwards ImageStyle johnmphoto kai_kul Kjoservices lambiepie71 mlp philippahh pvfb scott24 smphotographic steveh32 stuartnoo totalpics
harbourstudio