Paying Models NOT in cash?

Peter Blanchflower is off-line
08 March 2014 07:44
blancho
Photographer
blancho
West Midlands
Solihull

Hi, I just wondered what other people do regarding paying models, especially in the adult world. 
I have always done it in cash but it is a pain both getting the cash and carrying it around. 

Does anyone else pay or get paid in any other more normal ways, cheque or bacs, 
especially if the photographer and model are both trustworthy professionals 

would anyone accept a bacs transfer halfway through the shoot, so the model can see its done?

HowardJ is off-line
08 March 2014 08:13
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

cash is always the best option and least risky for the model.

08 March 2014 08:26
blancho
Photographer
blancho
West Midlands
Solihull

but if I am a professional with a reputation can i not do a bacs especially if they watch me transfer it there and then, or paypal money is instant,
is it just because its accepted it happens so I have no choice? If so why,

I find it strange how I can pay a mua and studio in cheques with but models only accept cash

David Heels is off-line
08 March 2014 10:28
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

It's probably because, unlike photographers, studio owners and MUA's, who may be active for many years, most models have a very limited shelf life. Especially in the adult industry. What's hot today is gone tomorrow. - So why leave a trail of breadcrumbs for the tax man to follow?

Dave

Peter Hague is off-line
08 March 2014 10:38
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

I pay by cheque, I like to leave a paper trail of where the money goes. If the model wants to fiddle her tax or benefits, she can do it without my help.

I can understand why models want cash though, there are so many conmen, scammers and shysters about, I'd want paying in a format I knew had immediate value.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Rupert Rudd is off-line
08 March 2014 11:11
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

I have just paid a model a new latex dress.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
08 March 2014 11:15
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I've used Paypal before and it's easy for both parties to check the transfers, especially since most phones have apps for it. Most of the time I pay cash though although as an amateur I don't need to account for the money trail.

But yes, there are photographers who aren't trustworthy and some of them have a disgusting attitude when it comes to paying models.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
08 March 2014 11:37
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

I usually get paid via bank transfer for commercial jobs... I would be happy with that or pay pal

Des Osborne is off-line
08 March 2014 11:55
ossies
Photographer

Staffordshire
Tamworth

I always pay the Model in cash and as I have already paid full tax on my earnings why should the Model pay Tax

on it again unless the tax man is also posing with the model for the shoot ..

08 March 2014 12:31
blancho
Photographer
blancho
West Midlands
Solihull

this isnt a tax issue for me I dont care what models do thats their choice,
I have four shoots of different types next week with about 6 models I dont want to have to get out that much cash, time wise and security wise

its good to know some people do cheque and bacs and paypal I will ask all the models

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Czechbeauty ElleLaura fionafelony jessicaxroyal kkoch Michelledefeo1 xamberx
DecimalDan fashionphotography frank4 GlasgowPhotographer GSC4X mike0048 mlp panda49 Photojames43 pixelking stevegosh TinDolls