This thread is being watched by 1 person
Daniel Richardson is off-line
07 March 2014 05:39
dannyrich
Photographer
dannyrich
North Yorkshire

Quote from stolenfaces
 One reason that many people are not prepared to pay for clothed work, is that any decent photographer with a circle of friends doesn't need to use the internet to find pretty women who are prepared to model for fun..

Doesnt mean they can model well though... 

Neil Anderson is off-line
07 March 2014 05:59
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from dannyrich
Doesnt mean they can model well though... 

Being on here doesn't mean they can model well... generally meeting people in person is a much better way of establishing the likelihood of an inexperienced model being worth shooting.

And working with people who can't model well can give you more photographic experience than having standard poses served up to you on a plate.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

07 March 2014 06:52
jessicard
Model

Quote from dannyrich
Always find it strange that models charge more for nude than they do for fashion.

With fashion they have clothes and shoes to buy.

If only this was true - how I'd love to only have to turn up to a nude shoot in the clothes I'm wearing and with my usual handbag.
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
07 March 2014 07:17
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from jessicard

If only this was true - how I'd love to only have to turn up to a nude shoot in the clothes I'm wearing and with my usual handbag.

People dont realise how important the quality of a models kit is for Glamour/adult shoots. There are certain models who I think are worth a premium just based on what they can bring to a shoot in terms of kit. The now retired and legendary Danica Collins used to bring outfits and lingerie worth several thousand pounds to shoots, her underwear collection alone cost considerably more than my camera equipment.

Although I do keep a considerable amount of modelling kit and at least 50 pairs of shoes in various sizes, My heart still sinks if the model arrives with a small holdall...anything less than a 20KG suitcase is not really acceptable if a model expects top rates....in my opinion anyway

I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
07 March 2014 07:41
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

And don't forget Iain.... 'modelling' shoes (and quite a few models have Louboutins which are typically around the £500 mark iirc)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Daniel Richardson is off-line
07 March 2014 09:45
dannyrich
Photographer
dannyrich
North Yorkshire

Quote from IainT
People dont realise how important the quality of a models kit is for Glamour/adult shoots. There are certain models who I think are worth a premium just based on what they can bring to a shoot in terms of kit. The now retired and legendary Danica Collins used to bring outfits and lingerie worth several thousand pounds to shoots, her underwear collection alone cost considerably more than my camera equipment. Although I do keep a considerable amount of modelling kit and at least 50 pairs of shoes in various sizes, My heart still sinks if the model arrives with a small holdall...anything less than a 20KG suitcase is not really acceptable if a model expects top rates....in my opinion anyway

Fair point. Looks like my view was misplaced.

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
07 March 2014 13:34
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from RedChecker
And don't forget Iain.... 'modelling' shoes (and quite a few models have Louboutins which are typically around the £500 mark iirc)

Had a model at the weekend with Louboutins, Jimmy Choo,s and Agent undies. Made me very happy
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

07 March 2014 15:44
johnlp
Photographer

I haven't read every contribution, but I do regularly look at castings put up by models, and my first filter is location. If they are not shooting in London or the South East I won't bother looking at the casting itself. I can't remember ever reading a casting for nude at £15 per hour. So could this be a regional thing? The costs in London and the South East are higher and the general wage expectation is higher, so are these £15 per hour models living "up North"?

Would I jump at the chance of working with a model who was offering £15 per hour for nude? Probably, because then I could do everything up to nude in the same shoot and feel that I was still getting good value for money. Would I pay £40+ per hour for nude? No. So somewhere in between and I'd still be happy, and I'd consider that a reasonable rate of pay for the job. 

I shot with a model today who was prepared to travel two hours, each way, on a train for a 2hr 30min shoot, up to nude, for £100, including travel.  That's about £30 per hour for the shoot time.  But that's a 7 hour day for £100.  If my maths is correct that's about £15 per hour.  It all depends how you calculate the time and the fee.  She also bought cake!

fitnude is off-line
08 March 2014 05:54
actiongirl
Model

London

There dont appear to be "set" rates which does make it hard to know who gets what, when and why.

I do feel, in my heart, that its quite sad, really, to hear its such a positive thing to spend shedloads of money on the finest designer clothes, shoes, lingerie, make up, probably portfolios as well. Quite possibly some creativity is dulled at the alter of designer shopping. I love nice things and looking cool, but i feel that if your finances are more in line with the local charity shops, cheap chains, or markets then that really isnt a barrier to success. I never what to be one of these people who make money their God but the unfortunate thing is that if you do become one of these people, you are the last person to realize what you have become.

Its important to keep wages up, i am all for that, but its a balancing act of not alienating the people who employ you

fitnude is off-line
08 March 2014 05:54
actiongirl
Model

London

There dont appear to be "set" rates which does make it hard to know who gets what, when and why.

I do feel, in my heart, that its quite sad, really, to hear its such a positive thing to spend shedloads of money on the finest designer clothes, shoes, lingerie, make up, probably portfolios as well. Quite possibly some creativity is dulled at the alter of designer shopping. I love nice things and looking cool, but i feel that if your finances are more in line with the local charity shops, cheap chains, or markets then that really isnt a barrier to success. I never what to be one of these people who make money their God but the unfortunate thing is that if you do become one of these people, you are the last person to realize what you have become.

Its important to keep wages up, i am all for that, but its a balancing act of not alienating the people who employ you

0 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators