Gerry is off-line
05 March 2014 12:34
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from BigEarsPix
I've heard tales from experienced models of offers of £15/hour for UK mag. When turning the work down the photographer tells them that there are loads of girls who will do it for that or less.

But are these that will do it worth shooting or is that even true and not some attempt to try and convince the model they are losing out.

We all know there are tightfisted people out there as well as greedy ones.

There is a huge difference between asking and demanding or pressurising
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

05 March 2014 13:06
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from Klouise1992
I do not often post in these forums .. however I could not go any longer without saying anything!

But what is going on with the industry... why do I keep seeing people offering £15 or less for full frontal nude!!
And what models are accepting this!!
This is not on.... no way should models being getting fully nude for that sort of money.
I personally feel very offended.

Yes I am all for doing special offers and deals.. but really £15 hour for nude!!

Am i just on my own in this??
Is it just me that thinks this is completely wrong??

I know I am probably going to get alot stick for this but I just could not help but say something!

If you think it's not on, being offered £15 an hour for nude, just don't accept those offers. But what right have you got to question those who offer it and those who accept it? Your comments remind me of the supermodel who said she 'wouldn't get out of bed for less than £10000.' It's a very snobbish attitude. As someone above in this thread said, there're people working hard for a lot less than £15 an hour in this country, me included. And no, I'm not one of those offering £15 an hour for nude, before anyone asks.

Chrissie Red is off-line
05 March 2014 13:09
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

It is a little disappointing seeing such cheap rates however I do think that a lot of the time the "you get what you pay for" works.

There are sooo many people trying to make money out of modelling now - if they are getting the £15 an hour then good luck to them.

I do think though that generally most photographers who appreciate/value a models time and skills are still happy to pay the "average" going rate. I have been asked for my rates then been told "£60 for 2x hours is too much" - then been counter offered what would have equated to £2.50 an hour per photographer (there was multiple photographers). I'm sure they would have found somebody else to work for them. Somebody new might have been delighted with £15 for 2x hour shoot with the chance of getting some pictures. I know when I started out I didn't even get as much as my travelling expenses paid for me 99% of the time.

Oliver Cook is off-line
05 March 2014 13:53
artistoli
Photographer
artistoli
Malta

OP is off her rockers. Newsflash; the monetary value of images is falling and the basic rule of supply and demand is at work. If you don't like it don't take it. To be honest most photographers could say they are appalled all the time, with what images are worth commercially. Its the way of the world - not something aimed to annoy models.

Millzy82 is off-line
05 March 2014 14:03
Millzy82
Photographer
Millzy82
Hertfordshire

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but the utmost respect for models. However, I do think it's ridiculous to find it "appalling" that £15 ph rates are offered for full-frontal nudity. You have a choice to say "no" in the same way I have a choice to refuse to work with a model for whatever reason.

Almost any job in this country can be perceived as having too high or low a salary for what's entailed.

For the record, I have never tried to negotiate such rates. The closest I've been is inquiring about half-day rates when a model specifies that reduced rates are on offer.

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
05 March 2014 14:20
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Quote from PHP_Photography
£15/hour is much better than £0 when one has to pay rent and buy food.

I work part time in a small photographic store for about £6 per hour, taking passport photo's/dealing with customers, etc. Treble my earnings and I think I'd be happy to do it in the nude. surprise

KLouise 's portfolio looks accomplished and she's clearly adept at what she does. (I'll keep your details and maybe arrange a spring/summer shoot with you KLouise). But you obviously charge a lot more than £15 per hour for nude so I won't bother with that thanks, a two hour fashion shoot or bikini shoot on the beach would be fine. I assume that will cost me less because £15 is already 2 1/2 times my wages and that's before tax!  

Rich G is off-line
05 March 2014 16:46
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

Surely the question is 'Are you paying for time or levels?' For some models, they're not bothered about what they do or don't wear - it's about how many hours of their time are being taken up. I think we must also bear in mind the fact that, in most cases, full frontal nudity really only involves the model showing her breasts - to show anything else would involve open leg posing which would encroach on adult levels and therefore command higher fees.

On several occasions I've been approached by models offering me adult work at fairly high rates and when I've asked them their rates for clothed work, only been offered a reduction of around £5 an hour, so the reverse obviously applies as well.

HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

Wilko is off-line
05 March 2014 17:02
tripod
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

It's appalling when you consider Wayne Rooney just got paid £300,000 for an hour's work, and once again he was absolute S---e!

Meg is off-line
05 March 2014 17:08
Sirensong
Model
Sirensong
South Glamorgan
Cardiff

Quote from Klouise1992
I do not often post in these forums .. however I could not go any longer without saying anything! But what is going on with the industry... why do I keep seeing people offering £15 or less for full frontal nude!! And what models are accepting this!! This is not on.... no way should models being getting fully nude for that sort of money. I personally feel very offended. Yes I am all for doing special offers and deals.. but really £15 hour for nude!! Am i just on my own in this?? Is it just me that thinks this is completely wrong?? I know I am probably going to get alot stick for this but I just could not help but say something!

Ahh bleugh!
Honestly
I am not really sure why its a problem to you?
What about those of us who charge one flat rate up to and including nude..?
OMG people are going to see my fanny but I made a tenner less than people think is acceptable?I am so ashamed..

Enhanced in post production, but not working to a level of filmed with inserts :D

05 March 2014 17:19
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Do you want 15/ hour, or sod all / hour?

Your call.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin
AaronKent bengie diphoto djb1 evopro Kjoservices Ladiesman mlp philippahh robhillphoto skymouse Snooper911 stevegosh Steveh32 Thunder_Photos TinDolls will_i_am
barlowstudios