This thread is being watched by 1 person
pennylee is off-line
05 March 2014 10:58
Klouise1992
Model
Klouise1992
West Sussex
Lancing

I do not often post in these forums .. however I could not go any longer without saying anything!

But what is going on with the industry... why do I keep seeing people offering £15 or less for full frontal nude!!
And what models are accepting this!!
This is not on.... no way should models being getting fully nude for that sort of money.
I personally feel very offended.

Yes I am all for doing special offers and deals.. but really £15 hour for nude!!

Am i just on my own in this??
Is it just me that thinks this is completely wrong??

I know I am probably going to get alot stick for this but I just could not help but say something!

05 March 2014 11:11
Rosydoll
Model

I model full frontal nude (not open leg) 9/10 times for tfp.

Every nude/topless image in my portfolio was a tfp shoot.

I'd much rather receive decent images as payment as modelling is something I do for fun.

It's not appalling to me

Gerry is online
05 March 2014 11:16
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

But if its below reasonable, no one worth more will accept?

There are plenty of models I wouldn't shoot nude or anything else unless they offered to pay me a substantial sum and even then I would doubt I would do it but I don't chose to complain that they may want paying.

People will only offer what they can afford and want to pay. Whether they get any takers is up to others.

If people cannot get enough work at a rate they are happy with, they need to adapt or face the fact that maybe the market is dead and its time for a change
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Pict is off-line
05 March 2014 11:40
Pict
Photographer
Pict
Kent
Rochester

If thats the price someone is willing to work for why should you be offended/appalled. People in this industry are worth what they are worth surely?

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
05 March 2014 11:48
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

£15/hour is much better than £0 when one has to pay rent and buy food.

Eebijeebi is off-line
05 March 2014 12:13
eebijeebi
Photographer
eebijeebi
Essex
Brentwood

Lots of people in lots of jobs working hard and not earning as much as £15ph.
All about perspective from where you are.

HowardJ is off-line
05 March 2014 12:54
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I agree with the OP. There have been a few strange casting calls for models to work TFP for new online messages, so the publisher of the online magazine gets their content for free and makes money but won't pay their models!

Gerry is online
05 March 2014 13:09
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from HowardJ
I agree with the OP. There have been a few strange casting calls for models to work TFP for new online messages, so the publisher of the online magazine gets their content for free and makes money but won't pay their models!

But I have even been approached a number of times to supply pictures to these online magazines for no money and some have even started to try and tell me I am missing out on a great deal and want to know why I wont just send them some images - after all, what have I got to lose.

Ignore or block seem a suitable response. Only a few people of the required quality will actually send them images which is why they have to spend so much time trying to persuade people to provide images. How are people going to stop these people from asking? It is the market that will stop them when they realise they cannot get the quality to fill their publication on a regular basis. Who though is going to pay to view their magazine though?

It is just people trying to create a market when there isn't one that is sustainable

Gerry is online
05 March 2014 13:12
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

An offer is better than no offer. You have the option to ignore or respond with a counter offer of your own if there is interest in a shoot. If there is no offer of a shoot at all, then that is a worse position to be as no one is interested in working with you

Roger Vaughan is off-line
05 March 2014 13:30
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

I've heard tales from experienced models of offers of £15/hour for UK mag. When turning the work down the photographer tells them that there are loads of girls who will do it for that or less.
Roger Vaughan

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Chanel_sphinx Kaitlynlakenxxx
Blancho djb1 gerry99111 GH46 jdunvillephotography Njsphotography oscar PhilStorm plld poah shadowtime74 swalsh58