What is classed as adult?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
amy rose is off-lineSilver Member
04 March 2014 06:02
Beccyamy
Model

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Hi all Ive been asked by a few different photographers to do "adult" work.
I know the jist of adult work but it seems different people have different views on what is adult?

I'm just looking for opinions and advice thankyou

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
04 March 2014 06:07
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

If you're looking at doing any, get the photographer to clarify EXACTLY what he wants whether it simply be full nude, open-leg, finger/toy insersion or whatever.

Everyone will have their own definition and the only way to be sure is to have clear contact with the photographer (and use proper words, not buzz-words).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

amy rose is off-lineSilver Member
04 March 2014 06:36
Beccyamy
Model

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Excellent! Thankyou for the help

Flash is off-line
04 March 2014 14:49
Flash
Photographer
Flash
Conwy

Also, in my opinion check closely who the photographers are, check their references and their work. I can't understand why anyone would ask you to do adult work if you don't have adult listed in your work preferences, so it would set off alarm bells for me.
www.fowler-photography.co.uk

Mansell is off-line
04 March 2014 18:18
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

I understand that the types adult work that can be arranged through castings on this site (according to the rules) consists of:

Basic solo adult levels: open leg, open leg + spread shots sometimes referred to as 'pink' and then toys/insertions.

Interaction with the photographer is disallowed as is boy/girl work though hard girl/girl is allowed.

Hope this helps.
The digital camera is a great invention because it allows us to reminisce. Instantly.

Suzy Monty is off-line
05 March 2014 11:48
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

You won't go far wrong if you read through this informative guide by Ian Thomson or message him, he is one of the most helpful, knowledgeable and professional photographers here on Purestorm
...http://www.iainthomson.com/internet-modelling-gu
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Millzy82 is off-line
05 March 2014 15:25
Millzy82
Photographer
Millzy82
Hertfordshire

^ Even so, "adult" is still subjective to a degree. Some might consider full-frontal nudity (NOT open leg) to be adult whereas others might say adult levels start at open leg.

I completely agree with RedChecker to ask for exact details to avoid any misunderstanding.

12 July 2014 14:16
Neil_M
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

I'd echo all of the above too Becky.

I'd be looking for clear descriptions / ideas, saves any confusion of any terminology or category.

Jaye  is off-line
12 July 2014 15:16
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

I too deem adult to be from open leg upwards but definitely ask and do not do anything you're not comfortable with. Keep in mind if the pics aren't for publication they will be for the photographer's pleasure so make sure you're okay with everything before you do it! As you don't have adult listed he may be liking the idea of getting shots of you that aren't out there at all...
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
13 July 2014 03:27
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

What confuses me is that some models say they don't do full frontal/open leg, are happy to post bum pictures where you can see the "flaps" down.

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
NicolaWilks90
csk_photography FirstLifePhotography garydfreeman George99 photofrank Pictureimage Steveh32 Willjamieson