Anyone bought from this company?

Dave Turner is off-linePlatinum Member
12 March 2014 05:09
davetse
Photographer
davetse
Kent
maidstone

i woudnt touch with a barge pole... I recently bought a G16 from them on the basis of cheapest price and free delivery

I was free delivery... by dhl but I paid £65 import duty on top of the purchase price of 295... I could have bought directly in uk with next day delivery and warranty for less.

ive bought from digital rev... no probs there

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
12 March 2014 05:17
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from davetse
i woudnt touch with a barge pole... I recently bought a G16 from them on the basis of cheapest price and free delivery I was free delivery... by dhl but I paid £65 import duty on top of the purchase price of 295... I could have bought directly in uk with next day delivery and warranty for less. ive bought from digital rev... no probs there

That could potentially happen with ANY overseas trader (unless they have a UK distribution centre of course).  'Big' couriers like DHL, FedEx or UPS will almost invariably make sure every 'i' is dotted and 't' is crossed and this includes customs declarations.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Neil Anderson is off-line
12 March 2014 05:48
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from RedChecker
That could potentially happen with ANY overseas trader (unless they have a UK distribution centre of course).  'Big' couriers like DHL, FedEx or UPS will almost invariably make sure every 'i' is dotted and 't' is crossed and this includes customs declarations.

Whilst this is a sensible approach, it is only countries outside the EU to which it applies (of course) and the distribution centre could be anywhere in the EU (like amazon).
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AnnThompson chosin viktoria_darling
AaronKent bengie brendan casell daygo10 dorrian iestyn markeewould martinchristie modelboutique photostevo siwalters skymouse Spiritofwales stevegosh steveh32