Laurence J. Power

Strober is off-line
28 February 2014 15:03
Strober
Photographer
Strober
Cheshire
Manchester

Yep going tomoz leave Manchester at 08:30 hours arrive NEC 10:00 hours, got my trade pass, list of the booths that I want to see etc... So should be an interesting day.

Leaving the DSLR at home though.
www.strober.co.uk

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
28 February 2014 15:37
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

I'll be there....
http://www.photographyshow.com/page.cfm/Action=Visitor/VisitorID=3074/loadSearch=74350_2634
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

MARK WALDEN is off-line
28 February 2014 16:58
markwalden
Photographer
markwalden
Staffordshire
BURNTWOOD

Yes I will be there Sunday & Tuesday

HowardJ is off-line
01 March 2014 10:49
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

How was it then?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
01 March 2014 13:03
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Didn't see many killer bargains. A lot were like 5-10% off list prices but I suppose if there was a particular camera/lens/printer you were after it'll be worth it.

Gitzo tripods were cheap though and needless to say I bought one that I've been after for a while.

Surprised to not see Sony there (or at least I don't recall seeing them).

LOTS of printing companies there ranging from albums, prints, mugs & printer/paper firms. Quite a few training & insurance firms there as well.

Nikon's stand was VERY busy and quite nicely laid out (Joe McNally was there doing some demos).  Canon's was a bit 'meh' and not so busy.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
01 March 2014 13:47
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Back from the PHOTOGRAPHY SHOW. A big thank you to the gentleman who gave me a lift there and back.

1st time I've ever been. For my tastes it was a little bit too busy but well worth it.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

welshman is off-line
04 March 2014 05:44
strongbow
Photographer
strongbow
Gwent
Pontypool

Went Saturday to see just 1 supplier and was worth the trip despite the geeks with cameras hanging around their neck

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
04 March 2014 08:18
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from strongbow
Went Saturday to see just 1 supplier and was worth the trip despite the geeks with cameras hanging around their neck

I also went on Saturday. Managed to find the company that I purchased my strobe lighting from, and pick up the missing part for my lights.frown

We did see some very interesting backdrops, and a new gadget to attach to your speed lights. Never seen anything like it before: on the spot defuse lighting.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Spike is off-line
04 March 2014 15:07
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Went Monday got a pleasant surprise Canon were doing double cashback on items bought at the show so got the 8mm-15 I wanted for a couple of projects I've got coming up.
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
FirstLifePhotography imagezone