HowardJ is off-line
26 February 2014 13:36
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Anyone going?

I'm thinking about going but never been to one before.

Which days are best to go?

Are there huge crowds and lots of HowardJ is a naughty person s shooting anything that moves? (I hate queues, crowds and HowardJ is a naughty person s not particularly in that order)

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
26 February 2014 14:06
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I'll be taking my biggest lens to make sure I get some cracking shots
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

HowardJ is off-line
26 February 2014 14:12
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from RedChecker

I'm thinking of buying one of those holsters for my camera, so I can quickly draw my camera to shoot anything that moves. Need to keep the safety off too.

Geordie is off-line
26 February 2014 15:02
Graham_P
Photographer
Graham_P
West Yorkshire
Halifax / Bradford

Quote from RedChecker

You only taking one camera !!!!   

Paul Jones is off-line
26 February 2014 15:31
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from HowardJ
Are there huge crowds and lots of Paul_Jones is a naughty person s shooting anything that moves? (I hate queues, crowds and Paul_Jones is a naughty person s not particularly in that order)

I used to go 'Focus on Imaging' every year and I could never understand why people would want to walk round all day with a bloody great big Lowepro rucksack on their back and a monster lens around their neck...

And, no, there usually isn't much to photograph.

Best regards
Paul

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

Will is off-line
26 February 2014 16:07
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

I'll be going, in part to see some of my photos that are being used on one of the stands.
Where there's a Will, there's a way.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
27 February 2014 02:55
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Paul_Jones
And, no, there usually isn't much to photograph.

You saying there's no booth-babes?

Gutted
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

scubie is off-lineSilver Member
27 February 2014 03:59
scubie
Photographer
scubie
West Sussex
worthing

Wish I was going, I know Elesha Eden is on stage there for four days!! I was suposed to be shooting her today

Doug

OldMaster is off-line
27 February 2014 04:51
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Go to an exhibition instead and see some photographs rather than dribbling over new kit...or "babes"!! Bailey is on in London and you are far more likely to be inspired by seeing his work than the latest way to spend your cash.

I see work on here that is the same old, same old, every day..my impression is that most are happy to furrow the same narrow channel day in day out resulting in work that is less than inspiring.

It's not even about quality, we all strive to improve all the time I am sure (still trying!), but its the lack of ideas? I would much rather see someone trying something new and not succeeding every time than another cliché glamour shot.

As a point of interest how many on here have any print books from the "Great Masters" ..Lartigue, Bresson, Newton, Beaton, Bailey, Karsh, Man ray, Sieff, Mapplethorpe, etc, etc or is it just "instruction manuals"? And if you haven't worked your way through Basic Photography by Langford you should be ashamed to call yourself a photographer

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
27 February 2014 14:12
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Yes I'm going to the photography show sometime over the weekend.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
crupilad djb1 dorrian ElegantCaptures eosfan gazzer59 gerry99111 grahamsphotography Jan77 keltica liteangle peteb Thunder_Photos wildcard