Editing video - a beginner !

Imagefield is off-line
24 February 2014 14:33
Imagefield
Photographer
Imagefield
Greater Manchester
Manchester

I'm guessing this should be quite easy but as I have never done it I'm hoping 'the collective you' can point me in the right direction.

Job is to run a short digitised film 10 second loop in a fixed "digital' frame i.e. the centre moves but the frame is fixed.
The added complication is that the frame whilst fixed needs to be 'feathered'

My current idea is to do it in stop frame animation 15fps then simply stitch them together ..... but don't fancy editing 150 images; however if i must i must !

Any ideas, work paths or even software that could help?

Thanks

:-)

David Heels is off-line
24 February 2014 18:29
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Hi Geoff,

Have you got an example of what it is you're attempting to do? It might be easier to deconstruct it, if we can see roughly what it is you're attempting to achieve.

Secondly, what do you edit with? What software do you already have? Do you use a PC, Mac or Linux?

And as for editing 150 images, have you considered batch processing?

Dave

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
24 February 2014 18:43
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

If you're using Adobe software, you can create the "frame" (complete with the feathered edge you want) as a PSD. Then in Premiere import the video clip, and import the frame (making sure to select only the single layer you want, so the rest is transparent). Place the video on the timeline and the frame on a video track above the video.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Imagefield is off-line
25 February 2014 04:51
Imagefield
Photographer
Imagefield
Greater Manchester
Manchester

Morning

Crippen - sorry I don't have an example but think of it as a digital image of a picture frame with a moving image inside it.

Sky mouse sounds like a good advice, I'm just hoping that the original camera man used a tripod so it does not jump around too much!

Thanks

Bill_M is off-line
25 February 2014 19:08
Bill_M
Photographer

Lanarkshire

Since you seem to have a sequence of 150 stills, you can first batch process them to apply the frame, which will only take a few seconds, then a program like "Image Salsa" will assemble them automatically into a video sequence.

Imagefield is off-line
26 February 2014 03:23
Imagefield
Photographer
Imagefield
Greater Manchester
Manchester

thanks will have a look at image salsa

had considered a batch process too, but they may need a bit of individual tweaking too

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz Luchik Willjamieson woody