Quitting!

David Hibberd is off-line
21 February 2014 08:22
davidhibberd
Photographer
davidhibberd
Highland

Quote from thestarglider
I tend to find that those who quit properly don't usually make a song and dance about it. They either just go, or at most leave a single message on a forum saying why and that's it.

Spot on
Here for a short time for a good time

Gregory Mason is off-line
21 February 2014 09:54
Gregory_Mason
Photographer
Gregory_Mason
West Midlands
Birmingham

Enjoy your break and more importantly your wedding, I hope you have a good day weather wise.

Steve M is off-line
21 February 2014 10:39
TheShinyOne
Photographer
TheShinyOne
London

No, they don't become more interesting but a raised profile always helps with marketing :-)

Good luck with the wedding arrangements for you both, but more importantly where is the honeymoon ?
I live for the nights that I can't remember / with the people that I can't forget

Amber West is off-line
21 February 2014 11:34
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

Quote from Socialdisaster
Quitting is like suicide. Those who want to do it, do it quietly and without fuss. The rest are simply looking for attention! Good luck on your wedding, hope you have lots of fun!

Oooh well, that's a bit horrible....  I leave this industry end of this year and I certainly don't intend is to be a pseudo-suicide.  Very much enjoyed my time, but it is now time to to leave.
Good luck on your wedding Chrissie, I imagine you will look gorgeous!

21 February 2014 11:37
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from Amber6
Oooh well, that's a bit horrible....  I leave this industry end of this year and I certainly don't intend is to be a pseudo-suicide.  Very much enjoyed my time, but it is now time to to leave.

Not really, it's a metaphor, and you perfectly illustrate it - in a good way - you are quitting, you know it, you (presumably) won't need to make a huge fuss about it then return after 3 days with "bargin" rates.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Chrissie Red is off-line
21 February 2014 11:48
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Thanks all

Its interesting to hear that for most of you the "scare" tactic doesn't work. Perhaps some repeat offenders who have no intention of leaving the industry will have spotted this and realised that its not actually the best marketing in the world.

It wont be too bad if the weather is shockingly awful, I'm not really used to wearing dresses that resemble duvets in terms of warmth so wont mind it being a bit breezy!

Rory hates hot weather and you would need to knock me out to get me on a plane so we are only going a few hours up North and living in a posh holiday home for the week. Can't beat beautiful surroundings and nice food, plus it has a swimming pool and tennis court ;-)

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
21 February 2014 14:47
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I'd be more scared if you announced plans to shoot clothed only. 

Just waiting for the dog collar and I'll see you at the wedding.   

If I don't see you before then, have a fantastic wedding day, and an even better marriage. cheeky

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

vasquito is off-lineSilver Member
23 February 2014 08:38
vasquito
Photographer
vasquito
Borders

crying

Congrats Chrissy !!!

V

Hazel Ashton is off-line
24 February 2014 15:38
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Well I have been offline since November! Done profile update now as few things have changed.

A lot can happen in 4 months I have been concentrating on my "real job" and Wedding Planning (like you just for 2015!). Unfortunately I didn't get my promotion but hey ho I am waiting to find out about a role which will allow me to travel a little more

I just went offline quietly. The work wasn't very forthcoming and I was so busy I never got chance to go online.

I think people do it for attention to get people to say "please don't leave"

Good luck with the Wedding!
Hazel - Contact me for any photoshoots you want to do if your interested

Sapphire is off-lineSilver Member
25 February 2014 03:23
BlueSapphire
Model
BlueSapphire
South Yorkshire

I decided to leave the industry a couple of years ago due to personal reasons
I put out the castings saying I was leaving simply to let anyone who hadn't already booked me and might have wanted to the opportunity to get in touch before I left
I messaged some photographers personally to let them know but put out a casting incase there were photographers out there who wanted to book
It was a genuine resignation at the time however after a couple of months I had a similar situation to Hazel who commented above and came back to the job I love

Im now only modelling 1 or 2 day a week as I have other commitments and rather than "quit" im jsut limiting my shoots as situations do change. I didnt do it to get more bookings but I didn't leave forever but I hope people didnt see it as attention seeking!

Congrats on the wedding!
Sapphire Blue - 10 Years of Modelling and still at it

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessica_Knight JessicaAnnahModel kaysy Kitty_1 princesscara
Argentiq david1500 eosfan Essexjohn gordon kinofist kizer michael_cameraman mlp moritz78 nemesis paddyg panda49 peteb Platidonio redbaron siclews steveh32 Stevew1 Stewart1988 swalsh58 tms