Reminder Secure

Question for X Pro 1 users who shoot with OFC / wireless triggers

Juan is off-line
17 February 2014 08:11
JuanMuino
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

I'm having an issue that is probably down to me...but thought I should ask.

I want to shoot with my x pro 1 in my studio using a wireless trigger (in this case a Yongnuo rf 600 tx). This works well, but ONLY if I have the camera set to live view using the back screen to shoot. IF I try and use the viewfinder and use the EVF, then the flash pops every time the shutter release is depressed half way and sometimes when when other buttons are pressed.

I think it may be the camera, because I've used the trigger on a 5dMK II with Bowens and a 580 ex II without any problems...this is only happening with the x pro 1

Is there anyone out there that could help with some advice?

Many thanks in advance

Juan

HowardJ is off-line
02 March 2014 02:51
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Set the camera to full manual mode and set 'preview exposure in manual mode' to off. The setting is under the screen/display section.

Juan is off-line
02 March 2014 06:16
JuanMuino
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Brilliant! Thank you Howard, I will give that a go later. Thanks for getting back to me.

HowardJ is off-line
02 March 2014 08:11
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from JuanMuino
Brilliant! Thank you Howard, I will give that a go later. Thanks for getting back to me.

I had a few difficulties when using off camera flash with my x-e2. If you don't change the preview setting you obviously get a preview of the exposure based on the camera settings and you'll have set those based on the flash firing and it won't match the conditions which you're framing the shot. Turning the setting off makes the EVF go to a standard setup.

Don't you have an OVF on the x-pro1?

Juan is off-line
02 March 2014 12:20
JuanMuino
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Yep Howard I do have an OVF on the XP1. I think the issue is to do with the contacts on the hot shoe VS contacts on dedicated triggers...having switched to a basic trigger the issue has gone away. HAving researched this further it's quite a common issue...other users suggested taping the other contacts on the hotshoe which I wasn't keen on, in the end I just used (giant) bowen Pulsars and that seemed to work, possibly because the Pular triggers only have the central contact.

Again, thanks for your help!

HowardJ is off-line
02 March 2014 15:39
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I was using skyports on mine and it worked fine.

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bluelah Echoz katielouxox Kaylie looby88 Natalia_Ov SexyMatureCouple
63jian ad360photo Antonioalejandro bbphotos Chadite Charliea claypaws david1500 digimarx Essexjohn flawless_photo funky JamesHerbert Ladiesman Leach145 nemesis panda49 Penfoldpc Rhadamanthus rscott360 Sp_digital stevegosh thelook ukcolin Willjamieson
matt