How do you get paid?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
popeye is off-line
26 March 2014 09:02
acphoto
Photographer

Lancashire
blackburn

I am far from being a pro photographer but I have never paid a model and very few on hear I would pay ,
Not being rude but it takes some hours of work with editing, and there are not many models that you don't have to work on. sorry no offence to anyone

Neil Anderson is off-line
26 March 2014 09:20
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from acphoto
I am far from being a pro photographer but I have never paid a model and very few on hear I would pay ,
Not being rude but it takes some hours of work with editing, and there are not many models that you don't have to work on. sorry no offence to anyone

Maybe you'd look less of a fool if you at least glanced at the thread before posting.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
26 March 2014 09:25
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

LOL
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

RKD Photographic is off-line
27 March 2014 03:30
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from acphoto
I am far from being a pro photographer but I have never paid a model and very few on hear I would pay , Not being rude but it takes some hours of work with editing, and there are not many models that you don't have to work on. sorry no offence to anyone

What an extraordinary thing to say... the amount of time you choose to spend retouching images has absolutely no bearing on whether a model's time is worth paying for, either in cash or trade goods (TF*).
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Peter Hague is off-line
27 March 2014 07:51
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from riddell
Catch 22 - agencies arn't going to put a pap on the books who isn't any good and experienced in the first place.

And those people will have worked their way up, earned their stripes and put in some hard work and dedication to get there.

Thess days, everyone wants a backdoor in and an express elevator to the top. I used to gets loads of people contacting me asking, basically, how to be me, but when I told them, they didn't want to put the effort in, they were expecting me to reveal some secret that would allow them to pack their safe, boring job in on Friday, and start shooting for blue chip magazines on Monday. There is no secret, hard work and ability gets you there, along with a little luck.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

37 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Lilly_69 stacysanchez tanyacox Tyrahsinclair527
Cheshunt83 dbphoto djb1 dorrian Flanders frankpht gperl hallsworth Images1854 Impulse_Images JohnDentonPhoto jyp Ladiesman michaelangelo mlp MrDL myphotography nickdandalos philippahh photographybyfleur Photosareu poah robsplace ShaneUK Simon_J SterrePhoto steveh32 Steveharratt Studio1 Thorp violins xposed