Tony Stephenson is off-line
17 February 2014 20:04
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from jivago
I will differ. Artcle 16 of The Act of Union established a common currency between the two Countries. Who owns that asset after the Union is dissolved? - Who knows? Is there a prececdent? In dispute it could  be considered by the International Court of Justice? - A surreal proposition! Common sense would have to prevail of course. Some share of the assets and the liabilities I anticipate. A Currency Union in return for a share of the liabilties. Anyone with a brain can see the 'game of poker' at large here.

As a Rump UK taxpayer, would you be happy to shoulder Scotland's share of the current national debt? - Or would you prefer a currency Union? - One that did not impose tariffs on your businesses when they trade with Scotland! (One that may well be some 'back-door' to European free markets when the Tories isolote you from Europe?).

This is an interesting read...

http://notesfromnorthbritain.wordpress.com/2014/02/16/the-snps-currency-nightmare/

If anyone is in doubt about currency union, then I reccommend they read it and then come back and state why you think it's wrong!

www.le-femme.co.uk

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
17 February 2014 20:20
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from tonycsm
This is an interesting read...

http://notesfromnorthbritain.wordpress.com/2014/02/16/the-snps-currency-nightmare/

If anyone is in doubt about currency union, then I reccommend they read it and then come back and state why you think it's wrong!

What's wrong is that Tomkins is not in the slightest impartial - like the Daily Mail's David Rose, he is a propogandist.

http://albamatters.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/adam-tomkins-school-of-impartiality.html

nigel kent is off-line
17 February 2014 20:24
sirspread
Photographer
sirspread
Avon
bath

Quote from click_gotcha
Bookies have been stupid before in relation to Scottish politics. 

The last holyrood election:-

As we now know, the SNP won by a ;landslide.

fill your boots then
not sure if you will get paid out in pounds if you win though

17 February 2014 20:25
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from jivago
Interesting conjecture - Should Scotland secede from the UK Union, but either remain within or accede to the European Union and then the Rump UK are dragged out of the European Union by the barbarians in UKIP & the Conservative Party - Would we then see a flight of business from England to Scotland, in order to enjoy European free trade (and the future EU-USA free trade zone)?

Interesting! -

+1 yes the Scotland independence poll should be AFTER the Little Englanders poll so Scots know what they are separating from!

17 February 2014 20:39
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from cziiki
What's wrong is that Tomkins is not in the slightest impartial - like the Daily Mail's David Rose, he is a propogandist. http://albamatters.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/adam-tomkins-school-of-impartiality.html

So are saying that the SNP is impartial?

As soon as an opposing view is put forward, the SNP immediately cries foul! People have a right to know the truth but that is something in short supply on the SNP's side.

Sorry, but as a citizen/taxpayer of the rUK, I don't want my taxes used to prop up a self indulgent foreign country and I don't want my government ceding any powers to a foreign country, which is what Scotland would be if it left the Union.  

www.le-femme.co.uk

jivago Photographic is off-line
17 February 2014 20:57
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from tonycsm
 I don't want my taxes used to prop up a self indulgent foreign country and I don't want my government ceding any powers to a foreign country, which is what Scotland would be if it left the Union.  

Tony, thanks for (inadvertently) articulating the real arguments for independence:- Yes we don't want to cede powers to a foreign country, but it feels that we do so, every time the Tories get in - Poll tax/Bedroom tax anyone?

.....And It depends on your own world view as to what is 'self indulgent' - Trident anyone?

..Its not the economy stupid - Its more fundamental than that - Its democracy.

Oichde bha an drasda
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

17 February 2014 21:11
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from tonycsm
So are saying that the SNP is impartial?

Either you are responding to a different post, or you are reading your screen through the bottom of a whisky glass!

I'm afraid I didn't mention the SNP, at all, and though I have no connection with them I suspect being a political party they are not impartial. They have nothing to do with my post about the impartiality of certain "commentators" including the one you reference

17 February 2014 21:26
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from jivago
Tony, thanks for (inadvertently) articulating the real arguments for independence:- Yes we don't want to cede powers to a foreign country, but it feels that we do so, every time the Tories get in - Poll tax/Bedroom tax anyone?

You're very welcome Andy.wink

It's not just the Scots who've had to live under the Tories (or Labour)... so you haven't got the monopoly of victimisation.

Anyway, just wait until you go independent and the true costs of indendence and tax rises hit the people of Scotland....if past reactions to tax rises are anything to go by, it will be interesting to watch from a neutral perspective.sad

www.le-femme.co.uk

17 February 2014 21:26
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from jivago

You're very welcome Andy.wink

It's not just the Scots who've had to live under the Tories (or Labour)... so you haven't got the monopoly of victimisation.

Anyway, just wait until you go independent and the true costs of indendence and tax rises hit the people of Scotland....if past reactions to tax rises are anything to go by, it will be interesting to watch from a neutral perspective.sad

www.le-femme.co.uk

17 February 2014 21:34
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from cziiki
Either you are responding to a different post, or you are reading your screen through the bottom of a whisky glass! I'm afraid I didn't mention the SNP, at all, and though I have no connection with them I suspect being a political party they are not impartial. They have nothing to do with my post about the impartiality of certain "commentators" including the one you reference

Of course he's not impartial...he's a Union supporter, effectively putting forward views in support of the No campaigners to counter the disinformation put forward by the SNP.

www.le-femme.co.uk

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa
flashharry Phiesta1 Steveh32 Thunder_Photos