click_gotcha is off-line
16 February 2014 13:41
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from RedChecker
+1

I'm also of the genuine belief it should also be all or nothing. 

They're either with us or they're not, I don't agree with any half-measures as Salmond would prefer.

I if they vote 'no' however I would like to see the West Lothian Question resolved, in so much that Scottish MPs cannot vote on English matters.

How do you see this affecting the position of Prime Minister?   Obviously a PM who represents a Scottish constituancy would have influence on all things.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
16 February 2014 15:53
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from click_gotcha
How do you see this affecting the position of Prime Minister?   Obviously a PM who represents a Scottish constituancy would have influence on all things.

I think that in terms of the cabinet ministers and the ministers of state there should be no issues. 

However if the person is a back bench MP then Northern Irish, Scots and Welsh MPs should not vote on things that only affect England. 

Many Labour and SNP MP's will see this as payback for the past.  For example for the Pole Tax etc.

However I still think that they should not vote on these matters.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
16 February 2014 16:06
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from Astphoto
I think we should have a referendum on if we allow them to stay.

Ask your MP to request this from the government that you voted in.  Good luck cheeky

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
16 February 2014 16:08
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from HowardJ
It's a bit annoyed that you can be Scottish born and breed and yet live in England and get no vote. If they vote yes then you'll end up becoming a citizen of Scotland without having had any say in the matter. I suspect it won't happen though.

Sounds pretty fair to me. smiley

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Neil Anderson is off-line
16 February 2014 16:09
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

That isn't how our parliamentary democracy works.
Where would you draw the line. Can people in Cornwall vote on hs2? Would you let Mps from Manchester vote on heathrow expansion ?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
16 February 2014 16:15
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from HowardJ
It's a bit annoyed that you can be Scottish born and breed and yet live in England and get no vote. If they vote yes then you'll end up becoming a citizen of Scotland without having had any say in the matter. I suspect it won't happen though.

If you had moved to Spain then you would be allowed to vote in the election.  People who live on foriegn countries, however they retain the right to vote in UK elections they can vote in this.

However if you were born in Dumfries and move to Carlisle then you lose the right to vote.

It is ridiculous.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
16 February 2014 16:44
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Quote from stolenfaces
That isn't how our parliamentary democracy works. Where would you draw the line. Can people in Cornwall vote on hs2? Would you let Mps from Manchester vote on heathrow expansion ?

But this concept has already been broken. Devolution has already weakened Westminster's power north of the border. Resolving the West Lothinan question would just mean putting a reciprocal agreement in place to remove Scottish MP's powers in England.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
16 February 2014 16:51
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Andy_B
But this concept has already been broken. Devolution has already weakened Westminster's power north of the border. Resolving the West Lothinan question would just mean putting a reciprocal agreement in place to remove Scottish MP's powers in England.

Exactly
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Neil Anderson is off-line
16 February 2014 18:13
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from RedChecker
Exactly

So do you think that Manchester or Nottingham MPs should be able to vote on heathrow's 3rd runaway ?
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

jivago Photographic is off-line
16 February 2014 20:19
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

After that dull uniformed read, its no surprise at all that the Yes vote is rising...........

"The Scottish National party (SNP) administration has already dismissed Osborne's speech as "bluff, bluster and bullying".

Salmond will attack Osborne's stance when he speaks to the pro-independence Business for Scotland organisation.

He said: "The reality is the pound is as much Scotland's as the rest of the UK. By suggesting otherwise, the Westminster establishment – Tories, Labour and Lib Dems – are reaping a backlash from the ordinary people of Scotland, who feel this is an attempt to bully Scotland ahead of the democratic choice we all look forward to this September.

"I will be deconstructing the chancellor's ill-thought-out and misinformed intervention point by point, making clear why a currency union not only favours Scotland but is in the clear economic interests of the UK as well.

"For example, the chancellor will have to explain exactly why he favours imposing almost £500m worth of higher transaction costs on UK businesses instead of entering a perfectly feasible sterling area with the rest of the UK's second biggest trading partner.

"The Scottish government has welcomed the recent acknowledgement by the Treasury that it will remain legally liable for all debt issued by the UK government up to the point of independence, and we will continue to take the fair and reasonable position that an independent Scotland should finance a fair share of that.

"However, the chancellor will have to wake up to the fact that he cannot lay claim to assets to which Scotland has a share – such as the Bank of England and the pound – and still expect an independent Scotland to meet a share of UK liabilities."

He added: "These are just two examples of undemocratic and self-defeating positions being put forward by a Westminster establishment that continues to say whatever campaign rhetoric suits their cause before the referendum and highlights why they will smartly change their tune after it."
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa danixhale Dolphin Lushlolly Pinklilly tanyacox
abouncer azurphotos barrysmiles Blancho david1500 diphoto Essexjohn fannmore FlyingShot GlasgowPhotographer Hioctane ism1967 James7799 just_lez Kjoservices KrissB Ladiesman liteangle orca_photography philippahh Skystudio sniffer tonyk1
Bawdenj
harbourstudio