Scottish referendum.

Profile Pictures is off-line
16 February 2014 10:09
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

You can see why being associated with us is pretty uncool though. I hope the Scots stay, we're a better educated and balanced population for their influence.

David Hibberd is off-line
16 February 2014 10:14
davidhibberd
Photographer
davidhibberd
Highland

Quote from profilepictures
 we're a better educated and balanced population for their influence.

Amen to that

Here for a short time for a good time

Les Higgins is off-lineSilver Member
16 February 2014 10:20
lester2705
Photographer
lester2705
Tyne and Wear

Quote from Skid2
 We would just have to get used to calling ourselves Great Britain instead of the United Kingdom .

Or maybe we could get back to calling ourselves England which hasn't happened for a long time!! Especially as there is no longer anything Great about Britain

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
16 February 2014 10:27
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from lester2705
Or maybe we could get back to calling ourselves England which hasn't happened for a long time!! Especially as there is no longer anything Great about Britain

Sadly I think all the modern-day image of England conjours up is St. George flags in the windows of cars/poorer housing and football louts.  Again, it's hard to feel proud of something whose image is so badly abused and cheapened.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Gunner is off-line
16 February 2014 10:38
Baldrick
Photographer
Baldrick
County Durham
Darlington

Just a different spin on the flag debate,has anybody else noticed how many union jacks at the Winter Olympics are upside down!
I can forgive our girls who got medals in the height of excitement some photographer chucking a flag at them to hold aloft behind them to grab the shot.
But British fans at various venues proudly displaying them upside down

this is just a observation I will not be losing sleep over

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
16 February 2014 10:45
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Most people haven't a clue how to tell which way up the flag is.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
16 February 2014 10:48
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Consistently for a couple of years about 30% for and 50% against independence

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/scottish-independence-referendum

Interestingly if Scotland was independent over a third of the Union flags at Sochi would be Scottish saltires (which you can't get upside down). Though many Scots athletes train in England or elsewhere in Europe and many have the support of UK sporting bodies. So no guarantee of that in an independent future.

HowardJ is off-line
16 February 2014 11:01
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

It's a bit annoyed that you can be Scottish born and breed and yet live in England and get no vote. If they vote yes then you'll end up becoming a citizen of Scotland without having had any say in the matter.

I suspect it won't happen though.

Rich G is off-line
16 February 2014 11:14
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
Kent

Apparently it's been announced that an independent Scotland is likely to find it difficult to join the EU and this will put many voters off wanting independence. I would have thought that many would have found this a positive enticement!!
HAPPY TO WORK UP TO OPEN WALLET LEVELS

David Heels is off-line
16 February 2014 11:20
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

As it won't be long before there are more Pakistani's living in the UK, than there are Scottish people, perhaps the blue part of the flag should be changed to green.

Just an observation. Not trying to be provocative. Honest.
Dave

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessicaliu1993
clarmike jonnywoo
Charlottealom