Reminder Secure

Scottish referendum.

click_gotcha is off-line
20 February 2014 15:37
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

You can't really grasp the fact that the more people like Osborne simply dictate and refuse to debate their position the more people they will drive into voting YES. Notwithstanding that as our elected politicians they have a moral duty to put their case in terms that the people can understand so that the people of Scotland can make an informed decision. As they signed up for in the Edinburgh agreement.

As I said before, if they are so confident in their assertions then they should answer the questions that people want to know the answer to.

jivago Photographic is off-line
20 February 2014 20:04
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from tonycsm
The SNP do nothing but Tory-bash.... that is how they operate so I don't see why a bit of Alex bashing shouldn't be allowed! Oh... I forgot, that is bullying!

The Labour MPs of Scotland may not have been needed when Nu Labour had their early landslide but without them now, if Scotland goes independent, Labour will find it hard to get back into power due to reduced numbers so I can't see the Labour Party supporting independence.

I'm certainly not a fan of left wing politics by any stretch of the imagination but the rUK would need a competent and substantial opposition party to keep those on the right, in check - we saw what happened when Nu Labour had such a huge majority... it was bad for the country!

Tory bash is the civic duty of right-thinking intelligent people with moral fibre. I hope to elevate it to an Oylympic sport and then progress to Tory extirpation.Then the world will be a better place. sad 

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

20 February 2014 20:05
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from click_gotcha
You can't really grasp the fact that the more people like Osborne simply dictate and refuse to debate their position the more people they will drive into voting YES. Notwithstanding that as our elected politicians they have a moral duty to put their case in terms that the people can understand so that the people of Scotland can make an informed decision. As they signed up for in the Edinburgh agreement.

As I said before, if they are so confident in their assertions then they should answer the questions that people want to know the answer to.

Aye

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/20/scottish-independence-currency-union-warning-backfires

20 February 2014 20:30
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from jivago
Tory bash is the civic duty of right-thinking intelligent people with moral fibre. I hope to elevate it to an Oylympic sport and then progress to Tory extirpation.Then the world will be a better place. sad 

..it will be like pig-sticking.... but with swine 

Tony Stephenson is off-line
20 February 2014 23:39
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from click_gotcha

You and the YES campaign can't seem to grasp that Osborne isn't dictating anything, he's merely reflecting the position and interests of the rUK and the fact that if you want to bugger off and run your own lives and dump the Union then by all means do so, but without the support of the rUK Pound as your currency or the BoE as your lender!

There's plenty of information out there in the public doimain to explain why currency sharing wouldn't be good for the rUK so it's down to the SNP and YES campaign to explain this to the Scottish voters and how they intend to overcome this issue...you simply can't go on blaming the Tories for everything nor can you expect the people and taxpayers of the rUK to be used as doormats and cash-cows of the SNP and the likes.

www.le-femme.co.uk

Tony Stephenson is off-line
20 February 2014 23:48
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from jivago

Ahhhh... the voice of reason in a language only the Plebs of the world would understand!frown

www.le-femme.co.uk

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
21 February 2014 05:55
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from click_gotcha

Nope, all that is happening is that the people who would vote yes or lean in that direction shall vote yes.   Equally it will push people who want to vote no in that direction.

Also it is worrying that Salmond is so arrogant that he thinks that everyone will do as he dictates, even after he has been the architect of  the biggest sociopolitical shock in 70 years (The second world war) ripped their country apart and severely damaged their economy and livelyhood.

That is the scary thing.

That there may be no plan B except to pinkbuildingphotography is a naughty person everyone off by renaging on the Scot's share of national debt.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

click_gotcha is off-line
21 February 2014 06:06
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from pinkbuildingphotography
Nope, all that is happening is that the people who would vote yes or lean in that direction shall vote yes.   Equally it will push people who want to vote no in that direction.

Also it is worrying that Salmond is so arrogant that he thinks that everyone will do as he dictates, even after he has been the architect of  the biggest sociopolitical shock in 70 years (The second world war) ripped their country apart and severely damaged their economy and livelyhood.

That is the scary thing.

That there may be no plan B except to click_gotcha is a naughty person everyone off by renaging on the Scot's share of national debt.

If you read the white paper not only is there a plan B, there is a Plan C and  a Plan D as well.  But the SNP still believe in Plan A and that's what they are arguing for.  They haven't ruled anything else out though.

As for the national debt.  If rUK are the successor state then it's their debt, not Scotland's.  You can't renege on someone elses debt.  But the plan has always been to take our share of the debt as a moral, if not legal, obligation.  But we expect to get a share of assets as well, they go hand in hand.

And here we are back to Alex Salmond being a dictator.  I sometimes wonder if people understand the word.  Alex Salmond is the only leader of any party in the UK that has a majority in the parliament he sits in.   That's the opposite of being a dictator.

click_gotcha is off-line
21 February 2014 11:57
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

The Deputy Leader of the Scottish Conservatives, Jackson Carlaw has came out in favour of a currency union.

A "Tories for independence" movement could be a game changer. I wonder how Slab will respond to this?

Neil Anderson is off-line
21 February 2014 12:24
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from click_gotcha
The Deputy Leader of the Scottish Conservatives, Jackson Carlaw has came out in favour of a currency union.

A "Tories for independence" movement could be a game changer. I wonder how Slab will respond to this?

Wow! presumably that will influence the result approximately as much as this thread.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin pinklilly SJH30
bogan browny7 dave_a Edphoto Fluffypup Hazy martinchristie paulj1980 photostevo redtail RenedeHaan Steveh32