Scottish referendum.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
18 February 2014 17:33
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from magpie1
This train of thought, sounds like the Flying Scotsman.

Love it.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

w4pictures is off-line
18 February 2014 18:25
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

On the basis of being ignored by Westminster, the Somerset Levels currently have a stronger reason for independence.

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
18 February 2014 18:34
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from click_gotcha
It's about self determination, no-one but the people of Scotland should be able to decide on Scotland's future.

So I, and 700,000 other Scots in England who weren't at a Scottish address last year, don't have the vote (I live in Glasgow now), plus many other tens of thousands out of the UK last year, whereas 300,000 English people and many tens of thousands of Americans, Poles, French, Portuguese, Australians, Kiwis, Germans, South Africans etc., who were, (I know of one or several of each right here in Glasgow) do get the vote.

There may be legal action about this. Students, workers, retired people all disenfranchised - so how does this poll enfranchise me, my brother (working in Languedoc), my daughter (school in the Cotswolds)? All Scottish, we would get the passport. What is "the people of Scotland"?

click_gotcha is off-line
18 February 2014 18:45
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Quote from cziiki
So I, and 700,000 other Scots in England who weren't at a Scottish address last year, don't have the vote (I live in Glasgow now), plus many other tens of thousands out of the UK last year, whereas 300,000 English people and many tens of thousands of Americans, Poles, French, Portuguese, Australians, Kiwis, Germans, South Africans etc., who were, (I know of one or several of each right here in Glasgow) do get the vote. There may be legal action about this. Students, workers, retired people all disenfranchised - so how does this poll enfranchise me, my brother (working in Languedoc), my daughter (school in the Cotswolds)? All Scottish, we would get the passport. What is "the people of Scotland"?

If you live in Scotland now you will be eligible to vote in the referendum.  The eligibility rules are more or less the same as any election in Scotland.

David Hibberd is off-line
18 February 2014 18:50
davidhibberd
Photographer
davidhibberd
Highland

Quote from click_gotcha
If you live in Scotland now you will be eligible to vote in the referendum.  The eligibility rules are more or less the same as any election in Scotland.

Exactly - I had a query - wrote to the electoral officer in Inverness and got a very helpul comprehensive reply within a few hours

Here for a short time for a good time

jivago Photographic is off-line
18 February 2014 20:26
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

jivago Photographic is off-line
18 February 2014 20:35
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
19 February 2014 05:50
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from davidhibberd
Exactly - I had a query - wrote to the electoral officer in Inverness and got a very helpul comprehensive reply within a few hours

Yes thank you click-gotcha I researched and you're quite right it seems. I was being fed porkies by an SNP friend! ( innocently I think)

click_gotcha is off-line
20 February 2014 06:21
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Lanarkshire

Latest polls show a 5.5% swing to Yes since Osborne's "Sermon on the pound". Now, if only David Cameron would accept Alex Salmond's challenge to a TV debate.

Brian Buckland is off-lineSilver Member
20 February 2014 07:16
para
Photographer
para
Norfolk
Diss

Quote from click_gotcha
Latest polls show a 5.5% swing to Yes since Osborne's "Sermon on the pound". Now, if only David Cameron would accept Alex Salmond's challenge to a TV debate.

Who's rubbing who's hands I wonder.What have the Tories got to lose,1 seat!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/10424621/Tory-MPs-secretly-want-Scotland-independence-for-Westminster-majority-claims-Lord-Forsyth.html

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pinklilly
chandos FirstLifePhotography Nunude steveh32