Reminder Secure

Scottish referendum.

John Woolley is off-line
15 February 2014 17:50
Johnmphoto
Photographer
Johnmphoto
Greater Manchester

If Scotland vote to leave the United Kingdom will we need to redesign Union Jack flag.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
15 February 2014 18:11
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

One would imagine so, perhaps time to buy shares in flag making companies!

JHD is off-line
15 February 2014 19:46
Astphoto
Photographer

Merseyside

I think we should have a referendum on if we allow them to stay.

16 February 2014 04:51
Jackass
Photographer

Why change something so iconic?

We can replace the blue and white if the Scots take it with them, replace it with our own blue and white, then just flatten the layers and hey presto!

We have a new flag!
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
16 February 2014 08:22
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from Johnmphoto
If Scotland vote to leave the United Kingdom will we need to redesign Union Jack flag.

Actually, the flag probably wouldn't have to be changed. It's a recognisable symbol associated with the United Kingdom and would continue to be so regardless of the history of its design.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
16 February 2014 08:25
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

It would be nice to see the flag's rotation reversed though to see the portion of St. Patrick's flag as a higher priority than St. Andrews' one if Scotland goes its own way.

Although that could be seen as distressing
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
16 February 2014 08:29
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

Quote from Jackass
We have a new flag!

And they will have a new currency!

Not the Euro ('cos Spain and Germany wouldn't let them join). Maybe they'll return to the 'groat'?

Rupert Rudd is off-line
16 February 2014 08:38
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Where will the Scots get their new passports?
We have a passport office in Glasgow that we won't need. Will the Scots buy it off us or just take it over? Building, staff, pension scheme etc? All existent passports held by the Scots will become instantly invalid I would suppose.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
16 February 2014 08:41
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Getting passports will be the least of Scotland's worries if they go it alone (and if they do I hope it's full devolution and not a half-measure where the rest of the UK is propping them up financially).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Len Maynard is off-line
16 February 2014 10:01
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Cheshire
Stockport

Having been at school in St Andrews, worked for the ABRO in Edinburgh and later the oil business in Aberdeen I understand their desire for separation.

My only comment is that they will close all the military bases at Faslane, Leuchars, Lossiemouth and Kinloss not forgetting the Commandos at Arbroath - does unemployment of civilian staff and local business are not concerned about.

What about the lost ship building contract that will go to English yards.

What about work permits for non-Scottish workers or will they have to leave and how will they be replaced.

What about the 1975 Maritime border convention they did not sign in Geneva - this will need to be renegotiated. A similar claim between Peru and Chili took over 10 years and the north sea oilfields are almost depleted.

Will all the oil companies move south due to excessive taxes to pay for the 5 million people that live in a country almost the size of England.

Still Scotland has whiskey and the American tourist trade.

If the Scots left and found they were wrong would they be allowed back into Great Britain

We would just have to get used to calling ourselves Great Britain instead of the United Kingdom

One could go on endlessly about the advantages and intelligence of Independence.

May be we need to vote YES as King Salmon knows best and has thought out the future with his crystal ball.
"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Asian_amy_Latina Cherylsamuel mandymack
duncanjames fannmore glamshots Happysnappyj hioctane James7799 Kjoservices M4150S photomart rscott360 Steveh32 thelook