Perfect or not?

Ankesenamun is off-line
12 February 2014 20:02
Ankesenamun
Model
Ankesenamun
Essex
Chelmsford

Does every model have to have the "perfect" figure or are there togs out there that see a curvy even size 10 curvy model as what they need for a shoot? I have so much respect for all the slim, younger, no tummy models.... I really do but been there and done that but most get to that stage and when we go past perfect no reply?

Katie Soze is off-line
13 February 2014 09:16
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

Depends. I shoot skinny models but I'm also looking forward to shooting a model from a plus size agency. I've also shot obese women. It depends on the photographer I guess :/

OldMaster is off-line
14 February 2014 04:03
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Sure they do but it is not just about the figure?

Modelling is not just about figure or shape, slim or curvy the model must have the other qualities of expression and charisma.. an ability to relate to the camera.

This is also independent of age but these are the questions you should be asking yourself?

Chrissie Red is off-line
14 February 2014 05:29
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from Ankesenamun
Does every model have to have the "perfect" figure or are there togs out there that see a curvy even size 10 curvy model as what they need for a shoot? I have so much respect for all the slim, younger, no tummy models.... I really do but been there and done that but most get to that stage and when we go past perfect no reply?

Who dictates what is "perfect?"
People generally shoot whatever they find interesting, and although "slim" is very desirable to a large majority of photographers there are others who's idea of perfection isn't that.

If a model has a fantastic look and a great portfolio showing how good she is as a model then I think even if she was a size 14 or whatever she would trump a size 8 with a crap portfolio. Its just about being the best you can be with what you have.

14 February 2014 06:18
Socialdisaster
Photographer

If you think it's purely about figure, you need a serious rethink.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Matt Harper is off-line
14 February 2014 07:26
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

YOu have a very limited market, limited to amateurs and guys who just want a woman to get naked or half naked for them to knock one out over after you have gone.
Some older models can carry on modelling if they have the right look, or are very careful who they shoot with so they get decent pics. I can't see one on your port that I would call decent, so you just aren't going to attract people unless they are as I just described.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
14 February 2014 08:06
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Well, what's perfect?

I see perfection in the bathroom mirror every morning and no-one wants to point a camera at me.

I wouldn't bother investing a lot of time trying to be someone you're not.
You'll find your niche in modelling and hopefully your USP will het you the shoots you want

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
14 February 2014 08:57
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Ankesenamun
Does every model have to have the "perfect" figure or are there togs out there that see a curvy even size 10 curvy model as what they need for a shoot?

Curvy UK10 models are often precisely what I need for publication shoots. I don't think many would say this size 10 model is not curvaceous, but not everyone is likely consider Lou's figure to be "perfect" for their specific requirements or even to be to their personal taste.
Bob

louise pearce is off-line
14 February 2014 10:17
silkythighslou
Model
silkythighslou
Staffordshire
Eccleshall

I'm not a size 10, I've not got a perfect figure, I'm also 47 !!! If perfection was the criteria for obtaining work I'd be well and truly up the spout ! However I'm busy, get booked, put in lots of hardwork and I get to work with some wonderful photographers.

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
18 February 2014 12:28
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

Personality is far more important than size. There are numerous models available over a size 10.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin MissCaraJane RoxyMendez
AaronKent bengie billnjane csk_photography D_H_P dby47 ElegantCaptures iestyn Ladiesman lazeeboy marty55uk oro panda49 psn redtail Spiritofwales stevegosh thestarglider zelica333