Reminder Secure

Is there actually any photographers out there who want to shoot models with clothes on?!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
23 September 2014 13:17
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from Iconoclast
Funnily enough, I did a great shoo with Finn Aricci at Mansion Photo Studios, not a million miles from you, ans she looked stunning in evening wear, some of which I provided and some of which she brought with her.

I did a fitness/boxing shoot with Finn Aricci and she looks stunning in just her gym clothes. Actually she was wearing her own gym clothes so that would be classed as photography with clothes on.cheeky

I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

JHD is off-line
01 October 2014 19:06
Astphoto
Photographer

Merseyside

Quote from CharleyBarker
I don't mind models who do glamour/nude shoots etc, but I prefer just to do fashion and shoots not showing everything that I have got, but photographers don't seem to want that now a days.. Is it just me who's noticing this? I've put a post out that I'm a model looking for paid work, but the fact I don't do nude, I am getting no where! is it not about facial looks any more?

Yes it is about facial looks. You will get the work if you have the look. Simples.

05 December 2014 10:40
cm480
Model

Yes, however it has been a little difficult. I suppose that many photographers in general are interested in nudes. Over the centuries, there has been an artistic fascination in the naked human body (just walk into an art gallery and you'll see what I mean!), so I suppose that explains why a lot of them show an interest.

Most of the photographers I've worked with/will work with do have sections of their profile dedicated to nude, but they are still happy to work with clothed models.

At worst, there are multiple modelling websites, you could try there as well?

Best of luck xxx

marlham is off-line
05 December 2014 10:58
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from cm480
Yes, however it has been a little difficult. I suppose that many photographers in general are interested in nudes.

Not only that but nude models tend to be much more experienced so are often preferred for non-nude work as well.

Having said that there are one or two busy clothed-only models around.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
05 December 2014 11:27
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

It's not just experience... models who pose to higher levels are typically more confident and have less inhibitions and thus makes them easier to work with.

Nothing worse than working with a model who looks nervous, or on occasion you may shoot something which is borderline for the model's levels and this can affect the dynamic between both model and photographer. As a rule of thumb, I think it's safer to book a model for one level higher than what they're doing to save embarrassment when that situation occurs (eg. book lingerie if shooting clothed, book nude if shooting lingerie etc.)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

ukphotosbycolin is off-line
09 December 2014 11:00
UKcolin
Photographer
UKcolin
Greater Manchester
Manchester

Yes, is the simple reply,
Have a good Day, UKcolin

EdT is off-line
12 December 2014 13:59
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from UKcolin
Yes, is the simple reply,

Not that simple a reply, it took 10 months to think of it

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
12 December 2014 14:52
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from EdT
Not that simple a reply, it took 10 months to think of it

No it didn't. It only took 43 minutes.
Look again at page 1.
Bob

Brian Brown is off-line
16 December 2014 04:22
Brian_Brown
Photographer
Brian_Brown
Kent
Dover

I shoot a lot of models who are clothed - but - you have to have a great face, and be able to give different types of look, you have to be able to move and bend to create shape.

Some models can also do glamour and art nude, etc. which may give more variety for the photographer.

If you are a model - you have to be confident, and just try and work with the better photographers as they will create some better images for your folio.

Mike Blissett is off-line
16 December 2014 05:22
MikeBee
Photographer

Kent
Canterbury

Well of course there are photographers who like to shoot many models with their clothes on. We have many that like to shoot models with only a small amount of clothes on and those who like to shoot models without any clothes on and that's fact.

Going back to the original post as you have asked 'who wants' and for a clear answer it has to be a yes from me. However could that infer I would never like to shoot models nude?

If we shoots nudes we have to remind ourselves it's art for art's sake and no more and if we don't it's most likely only just to fill an ego, anything else other than those I would hate to say....Should the forum post asked 'why do we shoot nudes' but then if we did would we have honest answers..?

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jenna84model
Aurelius just_lez rscott360 tmphoto1 w4pictures