Reminder Secure

Is there actually any photographers out there who want to shoot models with clothes on?!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Tony Horton is off-linePlatinum Member
19 March 2014 16:35
windowman9
Photographer

Warwickshire
nuneaton

Yes Paul old pal i am taking this funny ,stand back , a new model came on this site slagging off the photo guys , i sent the model a message saying i will do a shoot with you UP TO YOUR LEVELS ,feel free to bring a friend with you ,and i will help with your travel if of any help ,it would be interesting if this model will work with any photo guy [ or lady ] on this site ,i myself will be very surprised , i wish the model all the best , but i am fed up with other photo guys making lean excuses like saying maybe they don't want to work with you ,if they don't WHY do they not say so ,i won't cry , in the last three days i have booked three models up with very little ping pong messages , we have set date ,fees ,times and photo levels ,is so easy ,when i first joined this site in around 2008 this is how it was ,but now well ,just ask some photographers they are fed up to the teeth with ,Tony

Paul Hodson is off-line
19 March 2014 19:24
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from windowman9
Yes Paul old pal i am taking this funny ,stand back , a new model came on this site slagging off the photo guys , i sent the model a message saying i will do a shoot with you UP TO YOUR LEVELS ,feel free to bring a friend with you ,and i will help with your travel if of any help ,it would be interesting if this model will work with any photo guy [ or lady ] on this site ,i myself will be very surprised , i wish the model all the best , but i am fed up with other photo guys making lean excuses like saying maybe they don't want to work with you ,if they don't WHY do they not say so ,i won't cry , in the last three days i have booked three models up with very little ping pong messages , we have set date ,fees ,times and photo levels ,is so easy ,when i first joined this site in around 2008 this is how it was ,but now well ,just ask some photographers they are fed up to the teeth with ,Tony

Congratulations - I'm just surprised they can make any sense of the way you write!  laugh

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Tony Horton is off-linePlatinum Member
20 March 2014 19:00
windowman9
Photographer

Warwickshire
nuneaton

Paul do you have a problem with me ? you are coming over like a 10 year old .

Profile Pictures is off-line
20 March 2014 20:40
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Quote from windowman9
Paul do you have a problem with me ? you are coming over like a 10 year old .

You do seem to be making quite a hullabaloo about your contact or lack of with this model, perhaps she saw your comedy backdrop collection and decided not to model anymore?

Hadyn is off-line
21 March 2014 01:26
Hadyn
Photographer
Hadyn
Cardiff
docks Cardiff

Quote from immortaleye
Yes is the simple answer. Just go into any WH Smiths and look at the magazine rack, I think you will find nude models in a distinct minority! On sites like this though clearly the preference is nude and even in the serious fashion world a model has no real chance if they are prescious about never having anything on show.

Assuming you have not already I would sit down and decide just where your redlines are then work out how you can create your own USP within what you are comfortable with. If you are intending to push yourself as a contemporary fashion model then you need to have the outfits that will wow, even if begged and borrowed from designers. Plus of course being practised in the poses that work. If lingerie/swimwear then it has to be top notch stuff not gear you wear day in day out or can be bought cheap in Primark.

There is scope on the fetish side too of course. Latex PVC leather. Very few photographers doing it for a bit of fun are going to spend out on this gear but may hire a model they know can bring something unique to a shoot.

I know plenty of models who make a full time job of it. Some work to nude others only lingerie or implied topless. The reason for them making a living from it has less to do with what they are happy to take off and a lot more to do with them treating it as a serious business and putting in the effort that requires. As with any business there is no magic bullet. No 'trick' that suddenly brings the cash flooding in. It is a case of doing it. Getting it wrong, learning where your screwed up then doingi it a little better. If you are smarter than average then you will watch and learn from otheres mistakes and be prepared to listen and learn from those making it work.

Could not have said it better. Take this to heart.
"L'homme e"rien -- L"oeuvre e"est tout " The Man Is Nothing; The Work Everything"

Gerry is off-line
21 March 2014 02:29
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Quote from windowman9

Not sure what your private photo arrangements or lack of has anything to do with the thread topic and you certainly shouldn't be using the models thread to then run through your shoot dialogue with her in public. Very unprofessional. If the model doesn't want to work with you, then you just have to accept itand certainly not try and shame them into giving you a reason why. Your behaviour by chosing to go public would make it even less advisable for her to engage in any further dialogue
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Charlotte Barker is off-line
21 March 2014 03:47
CharleyBarker
Model

Derbyshire
Glossop

Just so you all know I'm not unreliable, I have been avoiding this for a while due to a certain 'professional' photographer slagging me off.
Due to the inappropriate comments made on here I chose not to get in touch with him. Thank you all for your advise and comments it is much
appreciated! I would also like to make it clear that this thread is NOT slating photographers at all, I admire your work, photography is a beautiful
Job to do! Thanks again! Charlotte.

rmsoansphotography is off-line
22 March 2014 13:10
digimarx
Photographer

London

Quote from CharleyBarker
I don't mind models who do glamour/nude shoots etc, but I prefer just to do fashion and shoots not showing everything that I have got, but photographers don't seem to want that now a days.. Is it just me who's noticing this? I've put a post out that I'm a model looking for paid work, but the fact I don't do nude, I am getting no where! is it not about facial looks any more?

Actually, I would love too, as my portfolio is seriously lacking fashion, something that I would really love to do

nikonuser is off-lineSilver Member
23 March 2014 09:52
nikonuser
Photographer
nikonuser
Warwickshire
Rugby & Middlesbrough...I Commute!

i love to shoot fashion too <3
I do this for a hobby ~ i shoot for fun ~ i just enjoy photography! Happy to work with begginers & newbies, lets have a laugh and see what we can create.

CGW is off-line
23 March 2014 14:50
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from profilepictures

You do seem to be making quite a hullabaloo about your contact or lack of with this model, perhaps she saw your comedy backdrop collection and decided not to model anymore?

Shame on you, that's bordering on unsolicited critique....... But very funny though

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ana45 mandymack
Auctioneer Berkeleyboy BOBREEVES brendan carshaltonkev cliffc GlasgowPhotographer Gordee michael_cameraman mlknetwork Musicman nemesis peteb peterh photomart