Reminder Secure

Is there actually any photographers out there who want to shoot models with clothes on?!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Ferj is off-line
12 February 2014 19:01
Ferj
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending

Lancashire
Blackburn

I mainly shoot clothed models, normally out on location however.. For me it is about my vision (which I am still developing around model photography)when I book a shoot with a model it is because they suit the image I am going for, I welcome input, but if you want your say in what is photographed - pay for a photographer. Hire them to do what you want.

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
13 February 2014 03:00
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Yes I do.

However it is rare that I can afford to shoot.

However Derbyshire is too far away to contemplate shooting.

Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Mike Croshaw is off-line
13 February 2014 05:31
Mcroshaw
Photographer
Mcroshaw
Berkshire

I have been shooting models with and without clothes on for some time now. I've reached a point where there is no way I would consider a fashion shoot unless the model brings with them some interesting outfits and accessories and we have a theme for the shoot. Showing up with a few t-shirts just won't be worth it ( and that has happened - I've shot TF with a few models whose idea of a fashion shoot is one dress and a few t-shirts and shorts ). Therefore, like quite a few people on here said, for the typical hobbyist/home studio shooter you will find on here its not worth booking someone just for fashion. Especially once the photographer is at a decent level, studio fashion really requires a full team or a very creative model with some good outfits and ideas. For location shoots you can get away with slightly less, but location shoots are not too popular at the moment for some reason.

Profile Pictures is off-line
13 February 2014 06:09
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I'd always prefer to work with someone who is happy to nude, even if I'm shooting clothed. Its just easier and often in this realm, a good indicator or confidence.

Fashion, as pointed out is pretty tricky unless you're very wealthy or well connected and the models who have excellent styling and ability in that area do seem to keep busy; however, just having some stuff from dotty p and primark or some high street named gear isn't very interesting to work with.

My suggestion is, of you want to become bookable, get your thinking cap on and maybe go attack your local charity shops, find something, some things which would make a photographers mind whizz a bit, then you'll maybe get busier?

Glasgow Photographer is off-line
13 February 2014 07:18
GlasgowPhotographer
Photographer
GlasgowPhotographer
Strathclyde
Glasgow

I shoot "fashion" at a low level, not at "mainstream magazine" quality for local shops etc. It's always with a team and the client provides the clothes. Models are sourced locally and usually selected to "fit" the generally theme.

There is work there, but not plentiful, and certainly not enough to make a living from at the level mentioned.

I think you would need to be pretty exceptional to be selected for high street store publications and that would always involve a full team - as mentioned previously.
Regards, George http://www.monapics.com/html/blog.html

Andy is off-line
13 February 2014 08:21
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

Charlie, your very pretty but nothing in your folio or the limited feedback would make me want to pay you for fashion work even if you lived in the same town as me. Pretty does'nt tell me you can model fashion !

from your folio i know nothing of your ability to pose yourself and without direction (if i have to direct you then why don't i just hire someone else who needs no direction ?)as others mention, clothing, styling and so on also plays a part

like most others on here i do not get paid for this type of photography, it's a hobby, i could shoot any number of new models clothed on tfcd, knowing that yes i may need to assist with direction,that they may not present perfectly or come with a massive selection of clothing but at least im not paying for it.

i save my money for the shoots i need a good model for an idea i have, generally again this is involving some level of nudity which i normally expect to pay for around here, if it was clothed i can use numerous new models, friends relatives etc to practice it without cost to myself,

times are hard now and money much tighter, i had to put back a shoot this month as i did not make the bonus i expected at work, you have that to contend with too, your levels also put you way down the "willing to pay for list" on these types of forums.
i'd shoot clothed work every day of the week, in fact i like nothing more than portrait work, but i'm not going to be paying for it,as i have a cost free alternative.
The most i ever paid per hour to a model was in fact a fashion model Brit Lee, however her credentials were impeccable and her posing, outfits,styling,and professionalism i am not qualified to even question. So yes people will pay for fashion, but only if they know you can provide it at a top level

lets get shootin

13 February 2014 08:32
barone
Photographer

I shoot fashion....but it requires a lot more effort in terms of planning & execution, as well as involving other skilled people to achieve the end result...hence your average hobbyist may find it too time consuming......fun though.
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Katie Soze is off-line
13 February 2014 09:00
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

Yes I shoot models with clothes on. Most of the time actually.

Katie Soze is off-line
13 February 2014 09:02
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

Plus I would expect a nude model and a fashion model and a glamour model to look completely different (generally).

Len Maynard is off-line
13 February 2014 09:55
Skid2
Photographer
Skid2
Cheshire
Stockport

Hi Charlotte if you look at my web page on studio shoots

http://www.skid2me.co.uk/skid/family/studio.htm

most of my work is with clothes on but I do like shooting lingerie which for me as a mere male is no different to swimwear. So although you are just down the road I would under normal circumstance not contact you.

I also control what I shoot by providing the clothes (229 outfits of which 74 evening/day dresses, 20 skirts & blouses, 22 bikini and costumes 26 bra sets) and a shoot profile for the model to comment on. Since I like the control I therefore have to pay for any shoot along with reasonable expense and I have budget which limits me to the models I can use.

So in answer to your thread Yes I photograph models with their clothes on

"I never cared for fashion much, amusing little seams and witty little pleats: it was the girls I liked." - David Bailey

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chloejade25 scarlettfoxett
Essexjohn jackcalling jayfish kai_kul kimsandman2 Ladiesman redbaron Rupert skymouse stevegosh TinDolls WullieR xan1981