Reminder Secure

Can I control image usage from TFCD shoots?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
This thread is currently locked
OldMaster is off-line
27 March 2014 14:23
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

No...except by written or explicit agreement with the photographer, which for TF/CD you are unlikely to get.

RKD Photographic is off-line
28 March 2014 03:53
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from OldMaster
No...except by written or explicit agreement with the photographer, which for TF/CD you are unlikely to get.

I will disagree with you on that point, because it's precisely what my TFP Usage Agreement states. Both parties have equal usage rights, limited to personal promotional use only. If any commercial use is later identified, both parties must agree to it and any monies thus earned are split equitably. 
This only applies to TFP shoots. With regard pay shoots, I retain full usage rights and typically, model will not receive any images to begin with.
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
28 March 2014 04:02
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from arkady001
I will disagree with you on that point, because it's precisely what my TFP Usage Agreement states. Both parties have equal usage rights, limited to personal promotional use only. If any commercial use is later identified, both parties must agree to it and any monies thus earned are split equitably. 
This only applies to TFP shoots. With regard pay shoots, I retain full usage rights and typically, model will not receive any images to begin with.

You are assuming any agreement is absolutely watertight legally.  No agreement is. 

If a photographer is determined enough (in the UK certainly) he can undermine any agreement that a model signs with him by finding some sort of legal loophole.

Stop giving the OP bad advice on this.  If she doesn't want images going out, she shouldn't do them.  End of.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

RKD Photographic is off-line
28 March 2014 04:30
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from RedChecker
You are assuming any agreement is absolutely watertight legally.  No agreement is. 

If a photographer is determined enough (in the UK certainly) he can undermine any agreement that a model signs with him by finding some sort of legal loophole.

Stop giving the OP bad advice on this.  If she doesn't want images going out, she shouldn't do them.  End of.

I assumed nothing of the sort. It's not 'bad advice', just 'advice' - OP is free to decide as she wishes. She's not a child and probably capable of making her own decisions based on ALL the information given. I refer you my earlier comment on the previous page.

And you aint the Boss of me...
"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Neil Anderson is off-line
28 March 2014 05:22
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from shyandkinky88
Thank you everyone for the response, though the point was missed. I get that some pics maybe circulated, what I am worried about is, for example, a set of pictures ie. from clothed to nude, being sold to an adult website.

I have spoken to a couple of photographers who seem set on achieving a set sequence of photos (dressed, lingerie, topless through to nude) rather than working on achieving one or two amazing pictures. Maybe this makes more sense as to my concerns.

This is what the OP said - so Red Checker's comment doesn't really seem relevant.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura miles Tashaholz
2webmedia antoinewynn Auctioneer BOBREEVES copperbronze dave@studio99 david1500 ElegantCaptures geoffmarchant Ianmcculloch James7799 Ladiesman paddywhack paulfcm16 Rhadamanthus WellandPhoto Willjamieson
kerandastudio2