This thread is being watched by 1 person
Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
14 February 2014 14:49
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

My daughter wrote a piece of music which was on her last album, a few weeks ago the guitar rift was used by the BBC in a police car chase during the TV programme Top Gear. No royalties being paid, it seems the BBC are exempt from such fees, this is a copyright issue but seems the norm.

When I cover a wedding I download all images to a memory stick, both high and low definition on top of which when working with models I do very little editing, I certainly don't photoshop at all, I do give full consent to the model(s) / bride & groom to use the images however they wish including the use of photoshop should they want, but as an amateur I've nothing to gain or lose by doing so

Had I been a professional and depend on my images making my living then perhaps I'd be more concerned with copyright but do agree that if a copyright mark is applied then by having it removed without prior consent should be a case for the courts
When going through Hell don't stop!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
15 February 2014 07:30
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Biggles485
My daughter wrote a piece of music which was on her last album, a few weeks ago the guitar rift was used by the BBC in a police car chase during the TV programme Top Gear. No royalties being paid, it seems the BBC are exempt from such fees, this is a copyright issue but seems the norm.

Did she/her management chase this up?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
15 February 2014 09:39
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from Biggles485

Hi Paul. Your daughter should get her royalties through the PPL scheme not directly from the BBC. If the band haven't signed up for PPL they should do so now otherwise they will continue to miss out, the BBC are one of the biggest supporters of the scheme so they will get their money from PPL provided they are in the scheme.
It was broken when I got here

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
15 February 2014 09:45
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from DorsetHammer
Hi Paul. Your daughter should get her royalties through the PPL scheme not directly from the BBC.

Look here Paul.
Bob

Neil Anderson is off-line
15 February 2014 09:54
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

I'm sure their publisher and record company and management know what they are doing.
Also note that he did not say that they played part or all of the original band recording.

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

0 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators