Reminder Secure

Feedback from phographers and models

faces is off-line
09 February 2014 10:53
rodandthefaces
Photographer

Tyne and Wear

I often read the feedback from photographer folloing their shoot with a model. It is amazing how many photographers mention that they intend to work with, or look forward to working with the model again.
I guess that models make the same/similar feedback on the photographers.
I wonder how many models/photographers ever work with each other again. Often when I look at the photographer's work, very often there are no photographs of the model included, it makes you wonder if this comment is simply a figure of speech.

Paul Jones is off-line
09 February 2014 11:37
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

I think it's one of those areas where there is no definitive answer.

I have a shoot arranged next week with a model that I have a real rapport with.  This will be the seventh or eighth time we have shot together.

There are several models that I have photographed more than once.  Part of the reason is reliability.  I know and trust that they are going to turn up and deliver the goods.

Conversely, there are models that I have only worked with once, for various reasons.

Best regards
Paul
www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

Gerry is off-line
09 February 2014 11:40
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Can't answer for others but for 2014, the one shoot I have done and the three I have booked over the next four weeks are:

2 models - the 4th shoot
1 model - the 3rd shoot
1 model - the 5th shoot

I tend to work on a 50 / 50 split - ie 50% of shoots are with models I already know and 50% are trying out new models of which maybe 50% of those will go on to work again with.

I have struggled to find new models that fit my criteria for my projects so actually am working with previous models more than I would like
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
09 February 2014 11:43
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from rodandthefaces
I wonder how many models/photographers ever work with each other again.

The last model I shot, who incidentally I found through Purestorm, has worked with me more than three dozen times in about 30 months. With the exception of a couple times when we worked on images she specifically wanted for her portfolio, almost all shoots have resulted in tearsheets but you will only see a few on our internet portfolios.

When I find a good model who fits my specific requirements I try to work with her as much as possible. It is not unusual for me to have shot a dozen times or more with the same model and I have worked with a handful more than thirty times. One of my muses has shot with me on more than sixty occasions. However although I could sometimes willingly work with the same model for years, the fact that many have quite a short shelf-life due to changes in their domestic situation (i.e. children / marriage / career etc.) often draws our cooperation to a premature end.

In my opinion, a good model is worth her weight in Jaffa Cakes, but I recognise that some (mostly hobbyist?) photographers regard snapping models in the same way that some people collect train numbers or photograph different varieties of birds or tick off types of real ale. It takes all sorts.

Bob

HowardJ is off-line
09 February 2014 11:55
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Generally I say I'd be happy to work with a model again if I found them good and worth another shoot. I say it because:

1) It tells other photographers that in my opinion the model is worth shooting.

2) It tells the model I'd be happy booking them again if they're interested in doing so.

Many models I've shot 4 or 5 times. I think the current record is 9 times.

It's not a phrase I use with every model and eventually I run out of ideas for ways to shoot them and I don't rebook them. Often if they change their look, home to have a different look or levels it's worth reconsidering them as you know they can model so you know it would be a good shoot.

TarMoo is off-line
09 February 2014 11:59
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Models booked for 2014 so far:

4 New models
1 Shot once before
1 Shot four times before
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

09 February 2014 12:16
barone
Photographer

I often work with the same models many times...they know who they are...must be something about the catering they like.
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Alexa_Fierce92 Brightonblonde MissCaraJane RoxyMendez Sarahlou73
3rd_Angle Andy_B asnphotography Brian2008 copperbronze david1500 dby47 Dvass ElegantCaptures GlasgowPhotographer ignite jyp kaosrox Ladiesman lester2705 lify Matt1988 mlp PHP_Photography Pmeswani rowephoto stevegosh storm321 thestarglider TinDolls Willy72